Vaping

Heritage_Head

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Are those even real?  I'm 52 and too young to remember.

If you really want to laugh look up vintage reefer madness posters from the 40's, it was government propaganda. This was real

I have a copy of one out in the bar just like this.

DevilHravest__18564.1459370779-1024x1024.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

I forgot.. You can drop a little nugget

I'm your car lighter..

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, I seem to remember hearing about that sort of thing.  Some people got odd-looking burns that were hard to explain.

There was an interesting device that looked like a table lamp, with a glass globe over the bulb, and a chrome base.  It had a funny switch that wouldn’t stay On, so the light would only light up as long as you kept pressure on the pusher.  When the bulb was removed, you’d see a non-standard socket.  Inside, it looked and operated exactly like a car cigarette lighter.

If you had a substance that needed to be heated up, or even vaporized, you could drop it in the socket, replace the clear glass globe, and press on the switch.  The globe would fill with smoke, and there was a handy hose that would let you remove that smoke, to keep the glass from getting stained, of course.  These devices that looked like table lamps, and would light up a standard bulb in case anyone asked about it, were quite popular in the Seventies and early Eighties...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billybob said:

What's that smokin in hand?

It’s unfiltered!  Shock, Horror!  Or, 

Those girls are so broke that they have share hand-rolled cigarettes.  The poor things!

The pictures of Tour de France riders smoking as they rode in the peloton, or of motorcycle Grand Prix World Champion Barry Sheene pulling up to the starting line smoking a cigarette through a hole he had drilled in the chin bar of his helmet just boggle the mind of non-smokers like myself.  Wow, is it because smoking tobacco is such a great experience that the smokers nearly always find time for a puff or two?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I forgot.. You can drop a little nugget

I'm your car lighter..

maxresdefault.jpg

Ya know...  If I understand correctly, my tractor (International 1066) has a lighter on the dash.  When I put a new wiring harness on it I ignored that section, but it's there.

It amazes me how smoking permeated every facet of our lives back then.

• Like 1

Not vaping but do not know how widely this was used.

Empty toilet roll used as a hitter.

Round hole placed near one end with a rolled smoke tip inserted.

Huff on the end while holding palm

over other end. Viola...

Idea was to break down immunity quicker for newbies.

Not a recc...

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Islander said:

Those girls are so broke that they have share hand-rolled cigarettes.  The poor things!

That made me laugh thinking about a post in the joke section, it was this picture.

Funny

1427296080_weedm.thumb.jpg.fd9f866efa87b5b5b3b022008a0fdd12.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1