Vaping

Heritage_Head

5 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

Thats not vaping thats inhaling smoke. 

no. It is like breathing the "fumes" from a chocolate cake baking. Or a steak on the broiler.    It isn't on fire.

Vaping dry material is the same on a smaller scale. You don't have a puddle of oil to watch boil. It is the same, in principle.

• Confused 1

Was in Nashville and this LF vaped all the time.  Had some heavy duty pipe she used so I bought one to try it out.  Fine for a few days until one night I was laying in bed and heard my lungs bubbling.  I was like...  Ummm NOPE!  Started smoking tobacco at 48 and will smoke for a few years then just quit.   It's been that way for a long time.  Kinda nuts but it's mind over matter I guess.  Just do it?  lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

Completely harmless. Unless you put something harmful in the liquid. But the vape vs smoke from cigs. Just removing the smoke and using the vape. Completely eliminates every single hazard health issues smoking causes. 

Cute. You know saying it louder or more frequently does not change the facts.😉

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

no. It is like breathing the "fumes" from a chocolate cake baking. Or a steak on the broiler.    It isn't on fire.

Vaping dry material is the same on a smaller scaller. You don't have a puddle of oil to watch boil. It is the same, in principle.

No and no. Vaping coming off boiling water (100% same as vaping juice other then the things the juice has in it water doesnt. But the sience behind smoking juice is 100% the same as if you wanted to smoke water from a boiling pan. That is not the same as a cake thats smoking. The cake can have moisture (water that like boiling water turns to vape) so some of what comes off of somethings cooking could be vape from the moisture turning to vape, But things burn without a visual fire its still smoke not vape. 

• Like 1

don't confuse boiling point with ignition point. The active ingredients "boil"  before things start burning/smoking.

some time back, someone came out with a smokeless cigarette. I have a carton or two.... Each cigarette has a tiny piece of charcoal [in a shielding thingy] that heated the tobacco w/o it catching fire.... vaporizing the nicotine...

the term "vape" may have moved out from under me also. It has become associated with e-cigs.... Weren't e-cigs when I started vaping

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Cute. You know saying it louder or more frequently does not change the facts.😉

Not saying it louder doesn't change your untrue facts, If you have facts that back up what you said that I disagreed with please post them. I didn't use a single ! mark.  But a long post deserves attention to some of the main points. I could have wrote it all in this size and everything I said would have been just as true (on facts not parts that were  my opinion).

Look im cool with you saying thats disgusting man you poor bastard. Nothing in that is untrue. But what you said was two paragraphs of untrue information pretended as facts. When I disagree I want to least give facts why I disagree or just say imo. For me to tell you that what you said was untrue it required explaining why it was untrue and what in fact is true.

If your gonna toss mud at me.  At least use facts. Trust me its not that hard to do.  I'm wrong on this forum all the time. Luckily most peps on here just tell me im wrong then tell me why and what is right. Its rare to get the mud treatment with no facts though. 

11 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

don't confuse boiling point with ignition point. The active ingredients "boil"  before things start burning/smoking.

some time back, someone came out with a smokeless cigarette. I have a carton or two.... Each cigarette has a tiny piece of charcoal [in a shielding thingy] that heated the tobacco w/o it catching fire.... vaporizing the nicotine...

the term "vape" may have moved out from under me also. It has become associated with e-cigs.... Weren't e-cigs when I started vaping

I know what way your looking at this. Trust me dude completely different than charcoal that heats tabcoo. Tabcco smokes smoke not vape. Unless you turn the tobacco into a liquid that has a boil vape rate thats lower then its flash point. if the boil is hotter than the flash then the liquid cant be vaped. And could start on fire. Probably would. Some liquids wont turn to vape. But dry taboo can not be vaped in that form. Its science. Tabcco  even if not catching flame like first smokes as it burns (after reaching its flash point level it will start smoking) thats smoke. 

E-cigs make aerosols. Every bit of chemistry in the vaping liquid becomes converted into that aerosol, plus any new chemistries developed in the heating processes. Aerosols can be harmless or not. Make sure that you know exactly what you are breathing. Unfortunately your vapor supplier will not tell you all the chemicals they use in their products. They will simply ask that you ‘trust’ them. Do you really and truly ‘trust’ them with your health? Why would you?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Something turning into vape has little to no important uses in normal life chores/hobby. A specialized job for something I couldn't guess with a 100 trys. Other than maybe vaping research on improving or adding diffident things I'm sure someone has a job title that means that. Im sure a person who majors in something science that does lab work on testing possible facts not know to be yet tests. Might have read a chapter on it at some point during the  6 year grind.

but common peeps have no reason to learn it if they don't vape. And even people who vape don't care to learn either. Understandable if some info isn't up to normal Klipsch members gold standard when stating information about somthing. 

59 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think that is called a bong

Ya wanna know something silly?

So, I've admitted above, I don't smoke, drink, exceed speed limit, stop, look & listen at all railroad tracks, stop at signs (even yield) ...

10 years ago, wife & I took a long vacation.  The 3rd leg was a week spent in Istanbul, Turkey.  They had bongs in every other window shop it seemed.  Some of them I suppose were mundane, some of them were downright pretty darn fancy.

I came "this far" (holds hands up with thumb & finger about a nano-meter apart) from buying one to bring home.

Nothing more than a conversation piece...  I mean, how ironic would it be that "Mr. Square" has a fancy dancy bong in his living room....

Oh, how people would wonder!!!

18 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

E-cigs make aerosols. Every bit of chemistry in the vaping liquid becomes converted into that aerosol, plus any new chemistries developed in the heating processes. Aerosols can be harmless or not. Make sure that you know exactly what you are breathing. Unfortunately your vapor supplier will not tell you all the chemicals they use in their products. They will simply ask that you ‘trust’ them. Do you really and truly ‘trust’ them with your health? Why would you?

Ingredients need to be available to customers. They still have to adhere to the strict tabacoo laws. 

You trust the store or when you order food someplace? You don't know for a fact nothing bad was done. You have no way of knowing if someone boiled your steak in rat poison all night. And then fed to you. 

And there no reported issues with people getting sick from vaping. Probably means whatever the rumored bad stuff hasn't happened. Most of these places want to stay in business not get sued and lose at min one customer. No value in hurting people putting bad things in e- juice.  But it could happen. No different then it could happen with anything thats going to be consumed.  How often do people get sick from rat poison after eating at MCdonalds?  

aerosols and e-juice aren't in common by anything. No clue what your getting that from. Is it possible a company sells both products? sure. And probably hotdogs too. 

54 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

it is a cleaner method of ingesting nicotine.   I am agreeing with you on much of this. Nicotine is very not good. The tars and incidental stuff from burning it are not there now.

You can try this.  Take what you are going to vape (or your cigarettes) and boil it in butter for a few hours.  When done, buy a box of brownie mix and use the butter and bake a pan and enjoy.  You can have your vape stuff without vaping.  🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

but common peeps have no reason to learn it if they don't vape. 

We all know that our country is debating universal healthcare insurance, etc. That means we all have a vested interest in how healthy our citizens are. If I am expected to buy others health insurance then I should be able to expect them to be as healthy as possible. And that is the crux of this issue. Healthy lungs are kept that way by not abusing them. Vaping clearly abuses the lungs. And.... as for eating tainted food products....... you get sick. This is why we have gov’t agencies to oversee the chain of our food supply.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

How did I confuse boing and flash (ignition is a term used for something burning) That can be lower than some things slash point. Flash point means poof. Burning is an interiorly what cigs do not vaping. juice 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

You can try this.  Take what you are going to vape (or your cigarettes) and boil it in butter for a few hours.  When done, buy a box of brownie mix and use the butter and bake a pan and enjoy.  You can have your vape stuff without vaping.  🤣

its just nicotine silly Nothing to gain putting it brownies. Just a waste really. All the juice would turn to vape and be long gone (burned out) before those brownies got done. 

• Confused 1

(not directed at you Heritage-Head)

I wonder if some of the vaping crowd is captivated by the utterly huge cloud of exhaust that they emit when they're vaping.

I find it interesting to be at a stop light....and this mammoth chimny of "smoke" comes out someone's car window as they're obviously exhaling.

I just scratch my head and think "Really???  you just had all that crammed into your lungs??"

My wife was a smoker.  We dated for 10 years prior to making things legal.  One reason was I simply was never going to marry a smoker.  I would have not even asked her out in the beginning, had I known then.  Fortunately (for her??  for me??) I got to know her away from all that and got intrigued.

I remember how deflated I was when she first lit up in front of me.

Maybe 8 years later, she was in bed and for real or a dream?? (she says for real), she had some chest/lung pains and literally, as of that day, she never smoked again.

Got the nicotine gum to help her with the addition while she changed her habits and then weened herself off the gum.

I don't think my stubbornness made her quit and she's never asked me would I have married her HAD she never quit.  (good thing)

Funny thing...  as society evolved, I (being accusomed to being around smokers) would go for first available seat for dinner.  She got a bit self-rightous and always said we'd wait for non-smoking....and took offense when someone's smoke drifted over to our table.

I just looked at her smiling but was puzzled in the back of my head wondering how could she not NOW see that "that was her".

<shruggs shoulders>

• Like 1