Xilica - Repaired :-)

Ziggurat

57 minutes ago, babadono said:

Yea sorry I thought you were being serious. So how are you switching the inputs?

Any in can be mapped to any out via Xilica. One preset for 7.1, one preset for 2-channel VRD, one preset for 2-channel SET. Easypeasy. Just think how you do 2-in 2-out and add a different 2-in to the same out in a different preset....you have 30 of them. I've got a 12 volt trigger for turning on solid state amps, but do have to turn the tube hear on manually

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 2:41 AM, rplace said:

R/L in from 2 channel preamp mapped to biamped R/L HF (VRDs) and LF (crown). That is 2 in 4 out consumed.

R/L/C and Sub in from Sunfire processor mapped to same 4 outs for R/L. Center to biamped center HF and LF is 2 more outs. Sub out is 1 more out.

Sorry now I'm even more confused. I understand the Xilica mapping. It is a 4 X 8 uncommitted matrix until the user programs it . Any in to any out or combination thereof. Cool.

But you have one setup with 2 ins and another with 3 ins. With only 4 possible ins something has to switch inputs, no?

You've got an 8080 don't you? Nevermind.

2 hours ago, Ziggurat said:

Guys thanks for your help on this, but this seems to have gone way off topic.

Can I report back once I have heard back from the service company about the original issue?

Sorry, par for the course on the Klipsch forums

2 hours ago, Ziggurat said:

Guys thanks for your help on this, but this seems to have gone way off topic.

Can I report back once I have heard back from the service company about the original issue?

Sure you can but will you now that we have offended thee?:)

Sorry for the thread crap. rplace made a joke and I took him seriously and it just went South from there. not quite to NZ though:)

Plz accept my apology.

An update.

Spoke to the tech today. He informed me that upon visual inspection of the internals, there was two screws floating loose (?!) In the unit. He placed these back in their proper spots and tested it. He said he was able to hear an uber-faint 1300hz ish noise as I had described, but amp only with the amp on full volume. He tested it with an external power supply and found the same.

So he is sending it back to me. Maybe he fixed it by replacing the the screws? Seems odd.

Anyhow, it's on its way back. I have a couple of amps with balanced inputs to try, plus the original gear, so I guess we will see what we see.  I will report in when it arrives.

Zig

44 minutes ago, Ziggurat said:

Seems odd.

Sure does. I thought that Xilica confirmed the 1500 Hz was caused by a faulty power supply and it would be replaced. Time will tell but the 402 is very unforgiving. Hoping for the best.....

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Sure does. I thought that Xilica confirmed the 1500 Hz was caused by a faulty power supply and it would be replaced. Time will tell but the 402 is very unforgiving. Hoping for the best.....

No Xilica didn't confirm anything - they said what I described sound like it was a faulty power supply and recommended replacement if it was found to be the issue. This has not proven to be the case.

I will have more of a test basis here when it comes back to me, with other amps and speakers to try it on.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted! No more shrieking noise! Tech reported the screw issue - found thar all screws were only half seated, and two were completely free, but were being sandwiched onto a pcb.

$75 later, I have a functional Xilica. 

Now to figure out how in heavens name it works..... lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 8:35 PM, Ziggurat said:

Sorted! No more shrieking noise! Tech reported the screw issue - found thar all screws were only half seated, and two were completely free, but were being sandwiched onto a pcb.

$75 later, I have a functional Xilica. 

Now to figure out how in heavens name it works..... lol

Cool. So one or all of those screws were making the magical ground connection. As to how it works..that's more magic and wizardry:) Get XConsole up and running if you have not already.

4 hours ago, babadono said:

Cool. So one or all of those screws were making the magical ground connection. As to how it works..that's more magic and wizardry:) Get XConsole up and running if you have not already.

I have no idea what was going on, but whatever it was, it the unit is fine now.  But I have new problems.  I had just fallen in love with the big Macro -Tech amp I have been playing with - got it sounding amazing - then last night it blew two resisters on the main board.  Dammit.  I am hoping it can be salvaged.  I am plunged into depression lol

• Sad 1