Frazier Model 7 Restore

11 hours ago, Marvel said:

looks nice... although hard to tell with the black. Always like it when someone fixes up old stuff and doesn't just toss them into the dumpster.

I always wanted to get a pair of the Dixielander model, but none ever came up close enough. These were done by a forum member, finished in a nice veneer:

dixielanders.jpg

Same here.  Built a set but always wanted the real McCoys.

I like your cabinets ( dixielanders ). As long as the speakers are still Fraziers I would rather have your new wood cabinets. I know , I know , it’s not original but it looks better and is solid and you have the same original sound. To me that’s the best of both worlds. Nicely done. 

The texans look like a crazy project. But it looks like you are up for the task. Have fun !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

well i picked up a nice set of sevens in mint condition with the horns anyway both work extremely well except the pot controls are a bit scratchy but i expect this after being told they were stored for 28 years in this guys basement ,(no mold) the grill covers are not orrigional but were replaced probaly bacjk in the 80,s there the type you could have bought at radio shack back in the day anyway my question is does anyone know what drivers were used in these? ive been told it would have been either jbl,altec or klipsch for the time period anyway also these speakers still have the orrigional warranty card attatched to them , anyway ill end up keeping these there the nicest realistic sounding speaker i have owned and at 50 years old getting heavier by the day lol not that i pick them up every day ,oh well thank you in advance for the info on drivers u think were installed have a great week audio guys