Amazon Prime Day

TasDom

That's pretty much how all big sales go at most places.  My wife and daughter fall for it all the time.  They're like, "how do you know"?  Uh...I spent 25+ years in the consumer electronics industry at retail and manufacturer level....pretty sure I have a grasp of how it works.  There might be some "loss leaders", but...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TasDom said:

Today is the day for lot's of deep discounts if you need anything.

Are there a bunch of discounted products, or does Amazon give you 15% (or whatever) off the purchase price?

It's amazing how disposable TV's are now.  At that price, just use it till it quits; although WM service plans are pretty cheap at that price.  I'd get that for my upstairs room if they had those at my WM.  Dang...  Just need something to display JRiver stuff and watch a very occasional movie or concert DVD.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I got your deal right here.  Lets see if Amazon can beat this Walmart special.  Was there the other day, looking through their Blue Ray bin and saw this.

A 50" 4K tv for $149 bucks.  

I do NOT need the temptation!  (nor the TV)

But what a great deal!  B)

30 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I do NOT need the temptation!  (nor the TV)

But what a great deal!  B)

But you would be supporting Wal-Mart.  I only go there if I absolutely have to, it is such a hot mess.  That does seem to be about the right size for the bedroom, though, hmmmm….

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

But you would be supporting Wal-Mart.  I only go there if I absolutely have to, it is such a hot mess.  That does seem to be about the right size for the bedroom, though, hmmmm….

No need to physically go to Walmart at this point. As long as your final purchase is $35 or more it ships to you free. I buy my dog food, HBA, household needs and most other things online now. From either Amazon or Walmart...neither of which I can truly get behind...however as a consumer, I am into saving money.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, teaman said:

Amazon or Walmart...neither of which I can truly get behind...however as a consumer, I am into saving money.

Not a fan either; and avoid those places for shopping ... but bought AMZN and WMT stock ... and, I am one happy camper :D 

• Like 2