New to this world, differences between series?

NuttyNutworks

@Dave1290

Thanks, but I'm all the way over the great pond in the Netherlands, so the Garage sale section has nothing for me. 

@Tarheel SInce I'm new to this world, I can't begin to phantom what a " bright" sound would actually sound like. Could I interpret it as to much on the high tones? 

@omar4 I don't think they would ship to the Netherlands, the shipping costs would be insane considering the weight of Klipsch speakers. Thanks anyway. 

@Ceptorman Thanks for clearing that up. In my view I would expect the 8000 series would be the upgrade from the 7000 series, not the 200 series. Klipsch is very confusing..

@wvu80 Thanks for the explanation on the series. You say the RP-600M is the newer version, but the triple "000" series was the newer version right? And I wasn't asking about the exact difference in sound between the 280 and the 8000, I was trying to figure out what the difference between the models were in general, as in, what's the difference between those models? If there aren't any differences, then why create two models? 

@angelluisgGood to hear you're very happy with your RP-280F, but I don't have that luxury of space to be able to put down a 7.2.4 system. I'm just looking for a 2.0 set and I don't want to buy two expensive speakers only to find out they have to be supplemented with different speakers before they're any good or because they're lacking in some area like bass or mid range. 

Sorry guys, but all the different models are very confusing. 

Maybe I have been asking the wrong question seeing how inexperienced I am.

So here's another go at it; "What model speakers should I buy for a 2.0 system that's good in all ranges for movies. I'm not looking for high volume, but I do want to feel like I'm part of the movie I'm watching.?"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

OK, for one you picked a good wife.

And two, find room for a sub, they are not as position dependent as the other speakers and make a HUGE difference especially for movies.

I know nothing about the differences you asked about, sorry

And Welcome

Thanks, I do have an amazing wife :)

Apart from the space, the receiver I'm buying doesn't have a connection for a seperate bass speaker.

15 minutes ago, NuttyNutworks said:

What model speakers should I buy for a 2.0 system that's good in all ranges for movies

For movies, a subwoofer is essential.  Most have a L/R line in/out so you can add main speakers to it.

Type of mains really depends on your budget. Klipshorns are great but probably "pricey" in Holland.  Or ... you can try the "PRO" route, such as KPT-904's.  Again, probably hard to find there :(  My personal favorite (non-pro) speakers are the Epic series - CF-3's or CF-4's.

But ... to make it easier, don't think you can go wrong with Heresy's and a sub.

Cheers, Emile

5 minutes ago, Emile said:

For movies, a subwoofer is essential.  Most have a L/R line in/out so you can add main speakers to it.

Type of mains really depends on your budget. Klipshorns are great but probably "pricey" in Holland.  Or ... you can try the "PRO" route, such as KPT-904's.  Again, probably hard to find there :(  My personal (non-pro) speakers are the Epic series - CF-3's or CF-4's.

But ... to make it easier, don't think you can go wrong with Heresy's and a sub.

Cheers, Emile

Thanks. Sad to hear it's kinda essential. Would you  still consider it essential if you knew my current " setup" consists of nothing more than a 200 dollar soundbar? 🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NuttyNutworks said:

Would you  still consider it essential if you knew my current " setup" consists of nothing more than a 200 dollar soundbar?

Haha :D  ANYTHING will be better than those crappy soundbars :D  

FYI; have L/R/C Heresy's on my AVR ... and they do sound pretty good on movies even without the sub.  (Haha; hardly use the sub ... if I need more bass I usually turn the KPT-904's on :) ... only seldom do I use my 15" sub.) FYI; used Heresy's are about $500 in the US.

Saw someone mentioned RP-280's ... not too familiar with them (do not own any).  But suggest you look at RF-82's also ... on special for $389 on Amazon USA ... sorry :) 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, NuttyNutworks said:

Thanks, I do have an amazing wife :)

Apart from the space, the receiver I'm buying doesn't have a connection for a seperate bass speaker.

I have never seen a HT receiver without a sub connection, it would be a pre-out which means not amplified by the receiver, the sub would have it's own amp. 

It's something you could always add later, and if the receiver does not have a sub out there are other ways to connect one.

Either way have fun, that's the main thing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Those are a solid choice, great speakers. I know all this info can be overpowering.

It certainly is, this is like travelling to another world and trying to learn the inhabitants language and customs. I consider myself quite knowledgeable in life in general, but I feel quite retarded in the world of hifi. 😂

• Haha 2

the 280f is almost identical to the 8000f, as far as I am aware most of the parts are identical, the woofers are for sure.  about the only real difference acoustically speaking is that the tweeter is vented on the 8000f which is supposed to smooth out the overlap area where the crossover point is.  otherwise it's mostly cosmetic.  Any significant and noticeable differences when a/b'ing them would probably be due to break-in time, room layout, equipment, or whatever.  

• Like 1