veloceleste

I have watched a few youtube videos on these setups and literally every single room had horrible rooms with not even basic sound treatment or positioning. One guy even had these little wooden "room boundary pucks" on poles which were supposed to resonate and block the sound from reflecting off the wall somehow.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, veloceleste said:

One thing these manufacturers have is balls.....

It takes huge ones to ask those prices, they must go home and laugh.

Ok lets start a company, want to do alot of work building many or price them to only need to sell a few a year?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I heard something about sales

...if you are having trouble selling it,

raise the price

those white horn speakers were pretty.  for the price, they should be ivory

Yes, that worked with BMW motorcycles (and probably cars) at one point back in the Seventies or Eighties.  Due to the German mark becoming much stronger, it became necessary to raise the prices of the bikes, which caused some concern for the marketing guys.  One of the brighter ones got a really good idea:  instead of raising the prices a bit, and risk losing some middle-class customers, let’s raise the prices a lot, and start selling to new rich upper-class customers.

It worked!  BMW went from being a slightly pricey middle-market bike to a fairly priced premium bike.  Advertisements reflected the brand’s new top quality image, amd sales increased.  I’m speculating here, but I think used bike prices went up, too, but stayed in reach for the former new-BMW buyers, and maybe kept some old bikes on the road.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 4:43 PM, veloceleste said:

Well, that’s great news!  The Magico Ultimates have had a big price drop, to only $354,000!  The last time I read about them was in an Absolute Sound review, when they cost $600,000, and there was only one or two pairs, with no assurance that they’d continue to be available.  The reviewer thought they sounded great, beyond anything he’d previously heard, so they’re on my win-a-big-lottery-prize purchase list.  For my win-a-medium-size-lottery-prize purchase list, the 7-Jubilee surround system is still at the top.

What, have none of you guys fantasized about owning some of the amazing speakers on the list?

• Like 1