Subwoofer Inquiry.

Smduong

I’m looking to add an additional sub (sorta an upgrade) to my home theater. I recently bought the R120SW over the weekend on sale for 300

but I recently found a listing for a SVS 25-31PCI for sale and negotiated it to 150. 

I do a decent amount movie & music. 

My my current set up includes 

SR 5011 Receiver (but used as preamp)

RP 280F with MM7025 separate am

RP 250c (center)

RP 140SA (Atmos)

KF 42 II (surround)

these three are on an Proceed AMP 5

with an R10SW subwoofer. 

I cant decide if I should return the Klipsch R120SW to buy the SVS 25-31 PCI. I do a good 50-50 for music and movies. I listen to all variety do music from hip hop to EDM to Vietnamese pop music & bolero.  My living soon is a small room maybe 12x12x10, with 3 walls connected to another room on the wall-less side. That connected room is about 15x10x10 with 3 walls and connect to another room. (Hope that makes sense.  HELP!!!! 

Ps this is my first post, new to forum and thank you for any help!

Edited by Smduong
Additional info.

That is a beastly amp! I had the 3 channel and still have a scar from when I lifted it into my rack, a few years ago. That is a Mark Levinson design. 

I say run and grab that SVS before it’s sold. Do a subwoofer crawl (YouTube it) and A/B test them.

I would imagine the SVS will extend a little lower and have more output. The only issue I see is the age of the SVS, mainly worried about the amp. Subwoofer amplifiers are a little more prone to failure, for some reason. 

At $150, you can easily sell it, if the Klipsch ends up being your preference.

I have owned 3 SVS cylinder subwoofers and they are solid performers, especially at that price!