Dynamic Bass EQ woes

Johnyy

So I have been playing with the Dynamic Bass EQ setting on my R-51PM paired with a R-100SW sub. I have concluded that I prefer the sound with the EQ turned off. Unfortunately, the setting is not memorized and turned on again after each sleep/turn off.

This really seems like the kind of easily avoidable problem that can really make you become frustrated with a product. Am I missing something or will I have to live with this?

Edited by Johnyy

7 hours ago, YK Thom said:

Sounds odd. The settings are generally memorized and just need to be reengaged. Could you not put it back on before you shut it down?

Not sure what you mean by reengaged. And do you mean did I turn it back on before the speakers shut off? No, I have tested it multiple times. DBE is always enabled when the system is powered on, no matter what the setting was when it switched off.

All I see when I read the sheets is that the sub reset button is to be held down for three seconds to disengage the EQ, which they describe as being similar to the old “loudness” control. The same procedure for turning it back on. It apparently only boosts when at low volumes and then cuts itself back as volume is increased.

55 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

All I see when I read the sheets is that the sub reset button is to be held down for three seconds to disengage the EQ, which they describe as being similar to the old “loudness” control. The same procedure for turning it back on. It apparently only boosts when at low volumes and then cuts itself back as volume is increased.

I can see the feature being useful in a 2.0 setup but with a sub connected, it can be overpowering leading to rumbling low ends. I can hear a clear difference even at what I wouldn't consider low volume. It's also not practical for me to always keep the volume of the input device at the same level which apparently affects the EQ. Generally I greatly prefer the cleaner sound with the EQ turned off. All it does to my ears is raise low ends.

Maybe the fact that there is a crossover setting only for the sub but not the speakers makes the issue worse.

Edited by Johnyy