Klipschorns listed in Chicago for $1000

fishmans

45 minutes ago, DTO said:

I'm Local to Chicago, and am very intrigued, but they do look rough to me. But I’m not that handy for making the repairs plus I think my wife would kill me......

Let me put this in perspective for you. 🤓 I bought my 1978 Khorns for $900.  My wife hated them and I had to sell them.  I sold them for $2500.

That financed my next 5 Klipsch speakers and a Marantz 6011, with enough left over to buy my wife something nice. 

You're local, go pick these up before someone else does.  Then get your wife something nice.  B)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DTO said:

Well, damnit, I reached out. We will see if I get a response.

Smart.  When you get a response, don't haggle,  go pick those up NOW because by morning he'll have a half-dozen offers for $1500 or more.  :D

Seriously, if you get them let us know.  We'll help you with some info on how to transport them.  They weigh 175 pounds each and you really need two people to load them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DTO said:

You guys know better than I do! The crossover seems to be bulging in places but I’ve never seen a k-horn in real life, alas.

I started bulging too when I saw the price :blush2: :D But too far away from me.

I suggest the first song you play is your wife's favorite song.

Good luck!

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2019 at 7:22 PM, wvu80 said:

You're local, go pick these up before someone else does.  Then get your wife something nice.

Suggestion ... buy the wife something nice first ... then get your stuff ... works everytime :D 

• Haha 1