The Klipsch Audio Community
7heavenlyplaces

Favorite Places ?

for good waves and scenery

Bondi Beach is a good start. King's X is a lot of fun, too.

• Like 1

PCB, Mexico Beach, Cape San Blas and Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, New Smryna Beach...and South Beach...

Edit: Cocoa Beach and St. Augustine Beach

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind renting this house in Alaska, for a month or so.  I remember watching this show when it first aired and was impressed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

I wouldn't mind renting this house in Alaska, for a month or so.  I remember watching this show when it first aired and was impressed.

Now's the time to be in Alaska.

• Like 2

The Adirondecks

If you want to head across the sea, the southern side of Crete, The Canary Islands, or Morocco come to mind.

Hear the Adirondacks are nice and coolish year-round...

7 hours ago, billybob said:

PCB, Mexico Beach, Cape San Blas and Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, New Smryna Beach...and South Beach...

Edit: Cocoa Beach and St. Augustine Beach

I've been to most of them.....my favorite was St George Island.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I've been to most of them.....my favorite was St George Island.

Oops, forgot about that place and the State Park there... Grouper sandwiches and the lighthouse there... St. Augustine lighthouse near their state park. When married, spent time at Alligator Point in the area ... remember you had or have been  to PCB...kinfolk

maybe recall...good seafood all over FL...

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 9:19 PM, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Just some contextual information on this end; 

It can depends on where your from. Being from an hour from New Orleans we like a couple of different scenery. I said that because one thing we like is mountains, but you being from "Mountain States" not sure where but mountains may be less impressive if you live there, hills are few here.

I  would like to see what Jeff Matthews posted, Zion, looks amazing.

Somewhere in the Appalachian mountains.

tenn 4 7 17-127-1.jpg

• Like 1

Or a Caribbean island, and I say this not at all being a beach person, but some are just so pretty.

tenn 4 7 17-127-1.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

what exactly do you like about mountains?  You’d get along with my brother.  He’s an artist and loves being in the mountains and away from people.

That's about it, away from people and great scenery in some cases, I could live like that, it would be like here but with nice scenery. 

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I’m more of a Vegas Strip guy ... loud music, neon lights -- now that’s a good time!

I guess I am half way between you and your brother, I like that also and tend to just wear myself out, getting old I have to pace myself which is good.

11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

About the only “peaceful” location that i enjoy is being underway ... just out there on the ocean (on a boat that i don’t have to stand watch) is VERY satisfying. 

This I completely understand, I can and do just watch the ocean pass with nothing in sight, open ocean is an amazing thing.

But not doing a service, but as a passenger with no responsibility for the important things. And a couple things none of the boats you served on had, bars, waiters and many places to relax and watch the ocean pass.

But thank you for your service, I can understand why you feel that way, but in a civilian way.

Spent a couple of weeks cruising the National Parks in Utah a couple years ago.  All of them are so very different in so many way.  Zion's majesty, The Arches, Bryce seeing the burn and looking out into the vast canyon below but the one that resonated w/me was Canyonlands.  Yup, I rode thru the desert on a horse with no name...  "America" planted that seed LONG ago.  They're all truly beautiful and I could have spent a month out there and just may soon!  :)

Canyonlands-National-Park.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It depends.  Natural beauty?  Try Bryce Canyon, slot canyons in southern Utah/north Arizona, the Alps (anywhere - Switzerland, Austria, Germany, France), Columbia River Valley, Oregon Coast, to name a few.  Art, culture, history, architecture? Try San Francisco, Paris, London, Washington DC, Brussels, Singapore, anywhere in Germany.  Food? Try France, Belgium, Germany, Ireland (yes, Ireland), Malaysia, India.  Ease of entering country and getting around safely?  Anywhere in Northern Europe, Singapore, Canada due to excellent public transportation.  Ireland, not so much due to lack of an extensive train system, if they have one at all.  Attitude of Locals? Just about anywhere in Europe or the US and Canada, Mexico.  South Americans can be accommodating but anywhere I've been is dangerous.

Having been to 30+ countries on five continents, I normally judge a place by the above criteria.  Most of this travel was for work.  It was my thinking that if I am going to be away from home from two to six weeks, I'm not going to spend my nights and weekends in a hotel room.  So I got out and visited the countryside, the museums, etc.  Places that hit all the buttons are Germany, France and Singapore.  Although Singapore is a relatively small city-state, there is lots of natural beauty. 

Places I'd avoid - Nigeria, Saudi Arabia.  Nigeria because it's dangerous.  Saudi Arabia because there isn't a lot to do.  New York City isn't mentioned because I've only been there once, for one day and night and was in meetings the entire time.

I know there are others.  These are places I've been, many more than once.  Also, I've been to more places.  

Hope this helps.

Edited by AuditMan
Forgot to mention a couple places.
  • Like 1

Thanks to each of you for the helpful leads!  I am mostly  drawn to the places of super high natural oceanic beauty.  Having experienced high mountain dry country the ocean is really attractive.  Funny thing; even as I write this ( in this instant)  there comes across the music streaming invention thingie  via LaScalas and Heresys  this:  

Oh My Gosh-- This is perhaps one of the strangest co-incidences of the last 10 years for me...in a good way...anyway: Thanks much for your input!

• Like 1

I'm rather fond of Palawan, in the Philippines...

palawan.jpg

• Like 1

Gots to put in a plug for my family’s homeland.  The most beautiful place on Earth -- the Azores.  Grandma was from Flores Island (photo on the bottom) and Grandpa from Faial (photo on the top). Still have relatives there. 

th-1.jpeg

th.jpeg

• Like 2