Home Theater Setup - Do Cables

Smduong

I’m very new to the hobby and managed to buy all my equipment  on Facebook marketplace. 

My 5.2.2 set up...

Marantz SR5011 - Preamp AVR

RP 280F - Front

- Driven by Yamaha M80

RP 250c

- Deiven by Marantz MM7025

RP 140SA

RF 42 II - surround 

- Driven by Proceed AMP 5

Subs

- SVS 25-31 PCI

- Klipsch R10SW

All plugged into Monster Power HTS3500

I bought my cables from Amazon Basic

- banana plugs

- Shielded RCA

- Sub Cables

After some research they say speaker cables makes a difference. Is there a brand or type that is preferred ? 

RCA cables from AVR to amp should those be Monster cables or something as well? 

I dont have any hums or hisses, things sound great (to me)! I just want to use the proper cables if it will make a difference and protect my investments! 

Thank Ni you for any input. 

Hi.

First of all: Yes, speaker cables can make a difference, but don't fall for the snake oil gimmicky side to it. No speaker cable is worth hundreds or thousands of dollars. Of course if you have the money, more power to you, but it just doesn't make sense buying an expensive cable that provide the same quality as a much more affordable one. 

As long as your cable is made out of 99.9% clean oxygen free OFC copper, you're good. The only better conductor would be silver, but trust me when I say there is no difference sonically speaking to the human ear. The difference is only mathematically measurable. Although again, if you have the money, by all means go for it. 

Furthermore, the other thing you should be concerned with is the cable AWG. There are multiple guides online saying that you gotta have a certain AWG based on the ohm of the speaker and the length the cable need to be. Whilst those guidelines may be true and accurate, I would never recommend anything smaller than 16, and no bigger than 12 (The smaller the number, the bigger the size is). 

For reference sakes, Amazon basic cables is a solid choice. So is Monoprice cables, Blue jeans cables and InstallGear cables.