Which Bob Crites replacement tweeters for 1979 La Scalas?

JohnKuthe

@Trey Cannon  Would those be the the more original K-77 style or the new Klipschorn style tweeters?  Are there any that go to 20k?

Speaking of buying parts from Klipsch, would you guys happen to have any of the Belle crossovers from the last iteration before they were discontinued in 2005?  I think Roy said they were the AB-3'?  Maybe that was the last one.

I thought I'd read where "Klipsch isn't in the business to sell parts"?

• Like 1

The new tweeter Klipsch is using looks like a Celestion, and the horn appears to be much bigger than the one on the K-77. Therefore, it cannot be used to replace/upgrade the K-77. Also, unless you have a serial number from a current Heritage loudspeaker that is using the new tweeter, you won't be able to buy the part. So, the only thing you can get from Klipsch is a new K-77 to replace a K-77, which obviously doesn't make any sense.

• Klipsch Employees
On 7/25/2019 at 2:35 PM, Deang said:

The new tweeter Klipsch is using looks like a Celestion, and the horn appears to be much bigger than the one on the K-77. Therefore, it cannot be used to replace/upgrade the K-77. Also, unless you have a serial number from a current Heritage loudspeaker that is using the new tweeter, you won't be able to buy the part. So, the only thing you can get from Klipsch is a new K-77 to replace a K-77, which obviously doesn't make any sense.

Look at that...some one that knows more than a 20 year klipsch employee....how about that.

You can listen to others or call parts and get the K-77-D Which IS the same driver as you have now (only new) with a different mounting horn on it...remove your horn and put it on the new driver....all done.

This is a replacement for the old products. Not the new AK-5.  IF you have a bad driver, this will get you working right. I would not replace a working driver with a new working driver...

No you can not get the new driver or use it in an old speaker without work. (Which we can't help with)

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
On 7/25/2019 at 9:04 AM, avguytx said:

@Trey Cannon  Would those be the the more original K-77 style or the new Klipschorn style tweeters?  Are there any that go to 20k?

Speaking of buying parts from Klipsch, would you guys happen to have any of the Belle crossovers from the last iteration before they were discontinued in 2005?  I think Roy said they were the AB-3'?  Maybe that was the last one.

I thought I'd read where "Klipsch isn't in the business to sell parts"?

You will have to contact parts for the network...My guess is we have none...We do have a schematic if you want to build one yourself. $30 or so in parts (unless you buy the crazy cost parts.) We use 10% tolerance parts.  The ckt is built to work with that level of part. anything different can be out of spec.

20 kHz....we can't hear that anymore anyway (well, I can't anyway)...sorry, no parts for that.

We carry some replacement parts. You have a speaker and can prove it and we have the part...cool.  You call up wanting to build your own speaker.....no go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trey Cannon said:

You will have to contact parts for the network...My guess is we have none...We do have a schematic if you want to build one yourself. $30 or so in parts (unless you buy the crazy cost parts.) We use 10% tolerance parts.  The ckt (what does this part mean?  The "ckt")  is built to work with that level of part. anything different can be out of spec.

20 kHz....we can't hear that anymore anyway (well, I can't anyway)...sorry, no parts for that.

We carry some replacement parts. You have a speaker and can prove it and we have the part...cool.  You call up wanting to build your own speaker.....no go.

Roy and I had emailed back and forth a couple of years ago about the crossovers when I told him I was a building a pair of Belle clones.  He mentioned those and thought there might be some, and looked, but couldn't find any either.  If you could email or message me the schematic, that would be great.  I wonder if it's the same one that's been posted in another thread before.  Hmm...  Did you personally hear that last generation of Belles with the last crossovers, per chance?  Was just wondering if it's worth the time, effort, and expense of building them and it not be something that was preferred. 

Yeah, I get what you're saying on the 20khz part.  I struggle with that too.  ha

And it makes sense to me on the selling of parts to anyone other than an official serial number owner.  I was a manufacturers rep for 9 years and did 15 years of retail before that so I completely understand and personally fielded a lot of questions of people asking for parts "just to build something".  

Thanks for the info, Trey.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:04 AM, avguytx said:

Would those be the the more original K-77 style or the new Klipschorn style tweeters? 

@Trey Cannon This is the question I was addressing. I figured he was asking about the new AK-6 tweeter.

Would love to see the parts list for an AB-3 that doesn't take you over $30.

6 hours ago, Trey Cannon said:

You have a speaker and can prove it and we have the part...cool.

Isn't that what I said?

On 7/21/2019 at 6:01 PM, Deang said:

The CT-120. 

Just called Bobby Crites/B&K Enterprises this AM and ordered a pair of:

pr CT120 tweeters $225.00
Shipping & Handling: $15.00
Tax on Shipping: $0.00
Tax Amount: $0.00
Total:   $240.00

:-)

I am VERY excited! :-)

John Kuthe...