Which Bob Crites replacement tweeters for 1979 La Scalas?

JohnKuthe

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 8:57 AM, Trey Cannon said:

You will have to contact parts for the network...My guess is we have none...We do have a schematic if you want to build one yourself. $30 or so in parts (unless you buy the crazy cost parts.) We use 10% tolerance parts.  The ckt is built to work with that level of part. anything different can be out of spec.

20 kHz....we can't hear that anymore anyway (well, I can't anyway)...sorry, no parts for that.

We carry some replacement parts. You have a speaker and can prove it and we have the part...cool.  You call up wanting to build your own speaker.....no go.

Makes perfect sense to me. Good to see you posting here. Have not seen you since 2007 at JF in Hope. Time flies!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 12:56 PM, JohnKuthe said:

Just called Bobby Crites/B&K Enterprises this AM and ordered a pair of:

pr CT120 tweeters $225.00
Shipping & Handling: $15.00
Tax on Shipping: $0.00
Tax Amount: $0.00
Total:   $240.00

🙂

I am VERY excited! 🙂

John Kuthe...

I ordered a pair of CT-125 tweeters a few months after I got my La Scalas.  It was a pleasure to deal with Bob Crites.  When they arrived, the impression was of higher quality than the K-77 tweeters, and when I tested them, their output matched each other much better than the output between the 32-year-old K-77s.  They did require a bit of customizing on the underside of the La Scala tops, but the CT-120s may be a different diameter.

Could I hear a difference?  YES, I could!  If the CT-120s are even better, you're in for some very happy listening, now and for years to come.

• Klipsch Employees
On 8/29/2019 at 1:09 PM, avguytx said:

@Trey Cannon  Still curious on those AB-3 crossovers.  Have you personally ever heard the differences between the AB-2 and later version AB-3's?

Yes I have heard the difference...there isn't much. I would have to look at time lines, but the change could have been due to a driver change. V to the M mid...or round to sqr. Tw.

Unless they are side by side, I would be hard pressed to pick one out in a test over the other. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Trey Cannon said:

Yes I have heard the difference...there isn't much. I would have to look at time lines, but the change could have been due to a driver change. V to the M mid...or round to sqr. Tw.

Unless they are side by side, I would be hard pressed to pick one out in a test over the other. 

Thank you sir.  I appreciate the info.

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/12/2019 at 8:49 AM, Trey Cannon said:

K-55-X