WTB used interconnect cables

davis419b

22 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

I make cables

Cool!  I've made some cables for myself but the build quality doesn't seem great to me.  They work but I'm sure commercial cables are better.

How do you build them?  Not specifically, but generally.  Coax cable with RCA ends?

You game to make your own ends?  How many do you need?

I'd have to look (since you said about a meter) but I might have some lengths of Mogami wire left over from when I made mine.

Bare cable (no ends) I put some Neutrik connectors on them and on those that went down the RCA lane, received "Profi" connectors.

You could have a couple provided my memory is correct on their approximate lengths

Possible downside, they are all different colors. (and I'm not sure I have the lengths without looking)

Did you ever come to a conclusion on what you're next step is?

I was looking for something today and viola!, came across my Mogami wires and thought of you.

I didn't pull them out and look at them as I've been busy ripping out & preparing to reinstall ..... my driveway.

5 hours ago, Coytee said:

Did you ever come to a conclusion on what you're next step is?

I was looking for something today and viola!, came across my Mogami wires and thought of you.

I didn't pull them out and look at them as I've been busy ripping out & preparing to reinstall ..... my driveway.

Thanks a lot for the offer but I do not feel comfortable making my own cables .

On 7/22/2019 at 6:02 AM, Skelt said:

Haha; got some wires from them and had a problem :(  Emailed them and was told go to hell. Not a recommended supplier :( 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, davis419b said:

I did not realize the cables from Monoprice were so reasonable in price. That's the way I am going to go.

I have bought a couple cables from Monoprice through Amazon and I had a couple fail rather quickly. I would buy cautiously I am sure they sell some good stuff, some Not so much 

I have been using some Blue Jean cables that have been outstanding in quality and they sound as good as any other cable I hav or have had.  I HATE there web site and would buy more if they mad things clearer easier to navigate

• Like 1

18 hours ago, joessportster said:

I have bought a couple cables from Monoprice through Amazon and I had a couple fail rather quickly. I would buy cautiously I am sure they sell some good stuff, some Not so much 

I have been using some Blue Jean cables that have been outstanding in quality and they sound as good as any other cable I hav or have had.  I HATE there web site and would buy more if they mad things clearer easier to navigate 

I agree on the B J web site, some one from that company needs to listen up . I also tried to order some of there cables , finally gave up in frustration with there site & moved on to Amazon . !!

• Like 2

On 7/21/2019 at 1:41 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

If you don't get any bites, I've been using these lately with really good results.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=301&cp_id=30109&cs_id=3010904&p_id=21679&seq=1&format=2

$5.50 for 35 footers?  Double shield braiding, oxygen free copper, and gold plated?  This seems like a no-brainer.

@carlthess40 also made me a pair of 18 footers that are fantastic.

32 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

$5.50 for 35 footers?  Double shield braiding, oxygen free copper, and gold plated?  This seems like a no-brainer.

@carlthess40 also made me a pair of 18 footers that are fantastic.

The only issue I've had with monoprice rcs's is the outer prongs that grab the outside of the rca jack are prone to crack and break off.  It doesn't always happen but I've had a few do that.  They're cheap enough that I just chunk them.  For really stout, reasonably priced, good quality cables, Bluejean cables are what I usually go for.

• Like 1

If anyone has any lose cable I would like some. Will of corse pay shipping and even would make the person up some rca cables for them
I collect all the ends off of old rca cables for making me ones. I really like the old 80’s/90’s monster cable brand

Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!