Magnepan? $25 in Lansing Michigan

teaman

Seller says "they work."  The do go bad after so many years and they aren't cheap to refurb.  If they work for $25, that's a steal!  They look like MG1 (5 feet tall) of MG2 (6 feet tall).

I used to own Maggies.  They are incredibly sensitive to placement needing to be toed in and the back needs to bounce off a wall.  And you have to sit in the sweet spot, they have no off-axis sound to speak of.  Properly setup, they are the most enjoyable to listen to speakers I've ever owned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Seller says "they work."  The do go bad after so many years and they aren't cheap to refurb.  If they work for $25, that's a steal!  They look like MG1 (5 feet tall) of MG2 (6 feet tall).

I used to own Maggies.  They are incredibly sensitive to placement needing to be toed in and the back needs to bounce off a wall.  And you have to sit in the sweet spot, they have no off-axis sound to speak of.  Properly setup, they are the most enjoyable to listen to speakers I've ever owned.

I have no experience with Maggies Dave, so I appreciate your insight my friend!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, teaman said:

I have no experience with Maggies Dave, so I appreciate your insight my friend!

^^^^^

=== agree. I could easily own a another pair of Maggie’s. They are certainly the antithesis of horns, but what they do, they do quite impressively. $25? You’re most likely getting frames with panels needing to be replaced or refurbed and/or possibly faulty networks. 

If you’re looking for a project then maybe but it’s doubtful they are turnkey —

• Like 1