Whats something you love to eat that sounds gross but you love it?

mr clean

I love peanut butter and Horseradish on crackers. A contractor at work saw me eating this and thought it was gross until he tried it. A few weeks latter I saw him again, and he told me he would not eat peanut butter plain again. He also said his wife thought we were both nuts! Tell me some of your strange foods you like together. Like they told you in school with glue a little dab will do ya of horseradish to top of the peanut butter is perfect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mr clean said:

I love peanut butter and Horseradish on crackers. A contractor at work saw me eating this and thought it was gross until he tried it. A few weeks latter I saw him again, and he told me he would not eat peanut butter plain again. He also said his wife thought we were both nuts! Tell me some of your strange foods you like together. Like they told you in school with glue a little dab will do ya of horseradish to top of the peanut butter on top is perfect.

When I was in Elementary school my buddy used to bring in his lunch peanut butter and celery! Looked gross until I tasted it and then YUM!

John Kuthe...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnKuthe said:

When I was in Elementary school my buddy used to bring in his lunch peanut butter and celery! Looked gross until I tasted it and then YUM!

John Kuthe...

Oh ya I do that. Cream cheese on it is good also, or pimento cheese spread! Keep um coming. I want to try them all lol.

• Like 2

Old dessert recipe passed on from my grandmother, to mom, to my wife. It's an apple cider vinegar pie with very few ingredients, but a heavy focus on sugar and vinegar. Sounds horrendous, but tastes absolutely divine and when you do it right it sets up as a flaky crust, custard-like filling, and firm crispy layer on top.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Emile said:

OK; one more :D  Peanut butter sandwich with hot sauce.  "Sambal" preferred, but you can substitute Sriracha :) 

dscn3389.jpg?w=870

I heard something about this on your hotsauce thread. Thats were the idea for this thread came from. You have to try some horseradish with peanut butter sometime on crackers but I know you have lots of of hotsauce  around. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mr clean said:

try some horseradish with peanut butter sometime

OK; trying it for breakfast (on a muffin).  For those of you not familiar with "sambal," it's an Indonesian hot sauce ... more of a paste as compared to Sriracha. You can find it at Chinese specialty stores ... it's good with many dishes :D For a "cooking with ..." thread, see https://www.bonappetit.com/story/sambal-oelek-hot-sauce-can-do-everything 

Why Sambal Oelek Is the Hot Sauce That Can Do Everything

• Like 3

Just now, Emile said:

OK; trying it for breakfast (on a muffin).  For those of you not familiar with "sambal," it's an Indonesian hot sauce ... more of a paste as compared to Sriracha. You can find it at Chinese specialty stores ... it's good with many dishes :D For a "cooking with ..." thread, see https://www.bonappetit.com/story/sambal-oelek-hot-sauce-can-do-everything 

Why Sambal Oelek Is the Hot Sauce That Can Do Everything

I love this stuff.  Try the one with garlic.  We eat a lot of Asian type food so I can put it on everything. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I love this stuff.  Try the one with garlic.  We eat a lot of Asian type food so I can put it on everything. 

Yeah; great stuff ... and much better than Sriracha/etc.  I worked in Indonesia and SouthEast Asia for a couple of years ... they put it on everything :D  And ... there are at least 20 different types of sambal ... most are hard to find in the US :( 

OK; different types ... https://factsofindonesia.com/types-of-indonesian-sambal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schu said:

Lingua or Buche... both are fantastic.

Im from southern Indiana so I have no idea what these are but I will look them up. I was going to say Kentucky was rubbing off on me, being im right across the river  from  the guy who sells speakers on here from Paducah to get back at him for a joke he told. I can't think of his name on here.  I also love me some White  Castles! 

• Haha 1