Whats something you love to eat that sounds gross but you love it?

mr clean

20 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... "tongue" and various pig stuff :D  Often found at taco places in the South. Very tasty :D 

Ive fixed cow tongue  in the crock pot. Also beef heart, Pork brain sandwiches, headcheese, bull balls. You name it,ive most likely ate it. I stop at blood sausage.

A guy told me I didn't have a hair on my *** if I didn't,t try the Bull Balls so I had no choice! I was getting hammered canoeing and a guy form Texas told me the same thing about eating a small frog so I did! He could not believe it lol! Lots of Vodka was going down that day. 

• Haha 2

Well....this is a "gross me out" thread!!

But, I'll add something that I also thought sounded gross.....tried it and had to admit, "it worked"

Cheddar cheese on top of a pear.

My wife evidently grew up with that as a snack/treat (seems her mother loved it) therefore, my wife loves it.

Sounded disgusting to me but, being a fruit lover (don't care much for pears though) I went ahead and tried it.  It ended up like peanut butter & celery....  it just worked.

• Like 3

Peanut butter (or cream cheese, or pimiento cheese) in celery is nothing but a classic, and always a hit at parties.  If that is supposedly weird or gross then you guys are amateurs.

For the carnivore, combine cooked sausage with cream cheese and put that in celery or those mini bell peppers cut in half.

• Like 2

This is a good one your kids or grandkids will love. My mom would make me toast in the oven when I was little. Two with butter and cinnamon. And two with with Nestles quick powder and butter. In the oven the butter and Quick would melt together. That with a big glass of milk!   

9 minutes ago, Emile said:

OK; last one :D  Have had snake venom in Taipei, Taiwan,  monkey brains in Laos and camel balls in Saudi Arabia :D 

But have you tried coconut tree grubs in Iquitos? :D

In the heart of the Amazon jungle in Peru, locals harvest coconut tree grubs and sell them in the market skewered and charred over an open flame. These protein-rich grubs taste like crisp rolls of charred chicken skin if they are cooked properly. If not, they taste like pus bags filled with rotted digested wood.

Coconut-Tree-Grubs.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, mr clean said:

These are good also I just found a website with it online because im lazy. I do the first one with jelly and chilli sauce.

https://thefrugalgirls.com/2017/09/crockpot-smokies-recipe.html 

That's the way our daughter makes it, it's good but very sweet, the grape jelly needed to be cut back alot.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I know it sounds crazy and I have not had it in a very long time, Pineapple salad it was called. 

Pineapple chunks, shredded lettuce and shredded american cheese, mixed together with mayo added to make it kind of all coated a little, and them refrigerated until it's all cold.

Sounds terrible but taste good together 

• Like 2