Whats something you love to eat that sounds gross but you love it?

mr clean

• Moderators
1 hour ago, mr clean said:

To Sweet? Thats like saying to creamy, or to good!

It is good, but crazy sweet, which might seem like a good thing, at first but that amount of sweet becomes to much after a while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coytee said:

Well....this is a "gross me out" thread!!

But, I'll add something that I also thought sounded gross.....tried it and had to admit, "it worked"

Cheddar cheese on top of a pear.

My wife evidently grew up with that as a snack/treat (seems her mother loved it) therefore, my wife loves it.

Sounded disgusting to me but, being a fruit lover (don't care much for pears though) I went ahead and tried it.  It ended up like peanut butter & celery....  it just worked.

We do that in the summer for dessert. A pear half over crisp iceberg topped with a tsp or so of mayo (Dukes ONLY..it does not have sugar in it) and a little sharp cheddar grated over it. Try it, kinda cleanses the palette too after spicy or savory dishes. 

• Like 2

opihi  You can eat them "fresh" off the shell

I think they are limpets. Mini abalone things.   Snack food while beach fishing on Kauai.  There are folks that actively gather them for $$.

I would say sea urchin.  But I don't like it. Green paste isn't appetizing to start.

• Like 1

=== been a while since I’ve had it but I can see one in my immediate future - peanut butter and mayo sandwich. Now we’re talkin’ -

I used to get “that” look from guys in the office until I brought a few to sample. While I don’t think it became a staple they admitted much better than it sounded. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Peanut Butter, w/ sliced dill pickles. 

Thanks

JJ

In high school there was an elective cooking class, and we learned peanut butter, pickles and mayonnaise sandwiches.  Every now and then I still make one.  Go ahead, try it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WillyBob said:

opihi  You can eat them "fresh" off the shell

I think they are limpets. Mini abalone things.   Snack food while beach fishing on Kauai.  There are folks that actively gather them for $$.

I would say sea urchin.  But I don't like it. Green paste isn't appetizing to start.

https://www2.hawaii.edu/~pelikaok/naiaopihi1.html

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I also love a good potato salad sandwich!

I make spaghetti sandwiches. I can see potato salad.... sounds OK to me.

I've been served some interesting "peanut butter and...."

such as mayo. My favorite... sweet pickles

• Like 1