Whats something you love to eat that sounds gross but you love it?

mr clean

1 minute ago, Emile said:

Smoked eel ... a Dutch favorite :)  Peel the skin off, then pull the meat off the bone. Delicious. And on the side french fries with mayonaise :D 

image.jpeg.c2a2a7ef91cf5a840f6b2c1d41929605.jpeg

Good stuff...proves anything smoked is good...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Last one ... haha.  New fresh herring (raw). Another Dutch favorite. - usually found at street vendor stalls. Herring is cleaned, filet style ... then roll it through some chopped onions ... take it by the tail and eat it like below :D 

Image result for nieuwe haring eten

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

My sister still teases me about the time she was making spaghetti and i poured some Liquid Smoke in it.  She was grossed out big time.  Hickory smoked spaghetti sounded like it was going to be a big thing back in the 70s ... but, i guess the world wasn’t ready for it. 

Spaghetti is good with smoke flavor. I start spaghetti by smoking the meat before adding it to the sauce, I do the same with chili.

Smoked meat loaf is also very good, don't make the same mistake I did the first time, and try it on the grate, use foil.

I use a big flat pan with heavy duty foil on it to shape the meatloaf, slide the foil and meat onto the smoker and back on the pan when done.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Since it seems many people here like some odd taste there is a couple of things some may be interested in that can include almost any flavors you like.

One is called a fatty, this is one I made just as an example but almost any ingredients can be used. You start with either breakfast sausage or just ground pork depending on what the other ingredients will be to match.

Take the sausage an flatten it out like in the picture, on foil which helps roll it up, a little non-stick spray will help to release the meat from the foil.  Next you add whatever you want to stuff it with, this can be whatever you want I will give some ideas. If a breakfast thing it can have hash browns or mostly cooked potatoes eggs, cheese. If a different flavor it can have anything from spaghetti with sauce, or about anything you want in the middle.

One tip is whatever is in the center should be mostly cooked, especially if it is something that needs to be cooked to a certain temp to be safe  to eat since the center may not be hot enough without burning the outside when cooking. 

Put inside ingredients in the center leaving enough room to wrap the rest of the sausage around it to make a complete cover on all sides around the ingredients. Next wrap the whole thing with bacon which is optional but not if you like bacon. 

Cook until you think the outside sausage and bacon is cooked and your done. I like to smoke these but they can be done in the oven if you don't smoke. Online there are a hundreds of ideas for what to put inside. 

if I remember right this had bell peppers, pineapple, and onions and cheese. I think it was?

bbq .,.jpg

bbq  ...jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators

Something similar is done with a pork loin, stuffed pork loin.

Similar idea as a fatty.

Cut a pork loin one third of the way up on the side longways but not all the way through, unroll this and cut the rest in half. This will make it one solid sheet of pork about the same thickness, see pic.

Put whatever ingredients you want,(mostly cooked) inside and roll up and wrap with bacon if you want, smoke or in the oven until the pork is done, try not to overcook so it's not tough and dry. Toothpicks can help hold it together if it wants to unroll .

bbq ,.jpg

bbq '.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

looks good and probably tastes great; but, i’m sure that i’d screw it up somehow.  I’m a disaster in the kitchen! 

It tast as good as whatever you add to the inside, for you maby a Mexican style ingredients.

It is very simple anyone could do it, including you, it's as simple as it looks, just make sure the insides are cooked first.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

Since it seems many people here like some odd taste there is a couple of things some may be interested in that can include almost any flavors you like.

One is called a fatty, this is one I made just as an example but almost any ingredients can be used. You start with either breakfast sausage or just ground pork depending on what the other ingredients will be to match.

Take the sausage an flatten it out like in the picture, on foil which helps roll it up, a little non-stick spray will help to release the meat from the foil.  Next you add whatever you want to stuff it with, this can be whatever you want I will give some ideas. If a breakfast thing it can have hash browns or mostly cooked potatoes eggs, cheese. If a different flavor it can have anything from spaghetti with sauce, or about anything you want in the middle.

One tip is whatever is in the center should be mostly cooked, especially if it is something that needs to be cooked to a certain temp to be safe  to eat since the center may not be hot enough without burning the outside when cooking. 

Put inside ingredients in the center leaving enough room to wrap the rest of the sausage around it to make a complete cover on all sides around the ingredients. Next wrap the whole thing with bacon which is optional but not if you like bacon. 

Cook until you think the outside sausage and bacon is cooked and your done. I like to smoke these but they can be done in the oven if you don't smoke. Online there are a hundreds of ideas for what to put inside. 

if I remember right this had bell peppers, pineapple, and onions and cheese. I think it was?

bbq .,.jpg

bbq  ...jpg

OK now ths is not gross--you're just making me hungry:)

• Like 1