Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
mr clean

Whats something you love to eat that sounds gross but you love it?

Recommended Posts

I love peanut butter and Horseradish on crackers. A contractor at work saw me eating this and thought it was gross until he tried it. A few weeks latter I saw him again, and he told me he would not eat peanut butter plain again. He also said his wife thought we were both nuts! Tell me some of your strange foods you like together. Like they told you in school with glue a little dab will do ya of horseradish to top of the peanut butter is perfect.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mr clean said:

I love peanut butter and Horseradish on crackers. A contractor at work saw me eating this and thought it was gross until he tried it. A few weeks latter I saw him again, and he told me he would not eat peanut butter plain again. He also said his wife thought we were both nuts! Tell me some of your strange foods you like together. Like they told you in school with glue a little dab will do ya of horseradish to top of the peanut butter on top is perfect.

 

 

 

 

When I was in Elementary school my buddy used to bring in his lunch peanut butter and celery! Looked gross until I tasted it and then YUM!

John Kuthe...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnKuthe said:

When I was in Elementary school my buddy used to bring in his lunch peanut butter and celery! Looked gross until I tasted it and then YUM!

John Kuthe...

Oh ya I do that. Cream cheese on it is good also, or pimento cheese spread! Keep um coming. I want to try them all lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We make homemade hummus.  I like a lot on a chip, but hummus is about 1/3 to 1/2 oil.  We use very little oil and tons of spices.   I use carrots sliced about 1/8 thick as chips to scoop up big blobs of it.  A good substitute for chips. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old dessert recipe passed on from my grandmother, to mom, to my wife. It's an apple cider vinegar pie with very few ingredients, but a heavy focus on sugar and vinegar. Sounds horrendous, but tastes absolutely divine and when you do it right it sets up as a flaky crust, custard-like filling, and firm crispy layer on top.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lingua or Buche... both are fantastic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Escargots :D 

image.jpeg.edae47eb1fe8b1b3e2373ce2a6f24dba.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cottage cheese with apple sauce on top. My wife and daughter are so convinced that it's gross, they won't even try it.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cottage cheese on grilled steak. I mean bury the meat in cottage cheese.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a Robbie Burn's night dinner at my lodge every year. I actually really like haggis with gravy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK; one more :D  Peanut butter sandwich with hot sauce.  "Sambal" preferred, but you can substitute Sriracha :) 

dscn3389.jpg?w=870

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White Castles with cheese.  'Nuff said.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

White Castles with cheese.  'Nuff said.

I had 4 jalapeño cheeseburgers for lunch today!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bacon cheeseburger with peanut butter.

 

Actually....place peanut butter and diced up jalapeños in a sauce pan, caramelize and place it on your burger.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Emile said:

OK; one more :D  Peanut butter sandwich with hot sauce.  "Sambal" preferred, but you can substitute Sriracha :) 

dscn3389.jpg?w=870

I heard something about this on your hotsauce thread. Thats were the idea for this thread came from. You have to try some horseradish with peanut butter sometime on crackers but I know you have lots of of hotsauce  around. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mr clean said:

try some horseradish with peanut butter sometime

OK; trying it for breakfast (on a muffin).  For those of you not familiar with "sambal," it's an Indonesian hot sauce ... more of a paste as compared to Sriracha. You can find it at Chinese specialty stores ... it's good with many dishes :D For a "cooking with ..." thread, see https://www.bonappetit.com/story/sambal-oelek-hot-sauce-can-do-everything 

Why Sambal Oelek Is the Hot Sauce That Can Do Everything

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I had 4 jalapeño cheeseburgers for lunch today!

 

You are today's winner for the

😖💩

 

award. 

 

Enjoy and leave the fan on to drown out the noise.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Emile said:

OK; trying it for breakfast (on a muffin).  For those of you not familiar with "sambal," it's an Indonesian hot sauce ... more of a paste as compared to Sriracha. You can find it at Chinese specialty stores ... it's good with many dishes :D For a "cooking with ..." thread, see https://www.bonappetit.com/story/sambal-oelek-hot-sauce-can-do-everything 

Why Sambal Oelek Is the Hot Sauce That Can Do Everything

I love this stuff.  Try the one with garlic.  We eat a lot of Asian type food so I can put it on everything. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I love this stuff.  Try the one with garlic.  We eat a lot of Asian type food so I can put it on everything. 

Yeah; great stuff ... and much better than Sriracha/etc.  I worked in Indonesia and SouthEast Asia for a couple of years ... they put it on everything :D  And ... there are at least 20 different types of sambal ... most are hard to find in the US :( 

OK; different types ... https://factsofindonesia.com/types-of-indonesian-sambal 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schu said:

Lingua or Buche... both are fantastic.

 

Im from southern Indiana so I have no idea what these are but I will look them up. I was going to say Kentucky was rubbing off on me, being im right across the river  from  the guy who sells speakers on here from Paducah to get back at him for a joke he told. I can't think of his name on here.  I also love me some White  Castles! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...