I feel that I have a great system. That can give more. the question is how?

angelluisg

hello I have made many updates .. as RF-42 (front L, R) for RP-280F (font L, R) 2 pairs of Dolby Atmos. 1 pair Klipsch RP-500SA (back in wall) another pair Klipsch RP-140sa (front in wall) for this emotiva basx A-700 (amp 7 channel 2 pair atmos L-C-R). the Center Rc-42 II by Rp-504c, the sounround lateral rb-41 II by Rp-402 .. I had a Klipsch R-110SW subwoofer and also added another SVS PB 1000 Subwoofer. I had a SR5009 marantz that changed to an SR7012. replace all wiring by cable number 12. I have been testing with different types of recommended crossovers. I also bought a spl to measure the levels. With all this I feel that the sounds in the movies should be heard in more detail ... should be more enveloping, How could I get it with what I have? Thank you..

Home theater 7.2.4 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820 

Front  klipsch RP-280F

Klipsch Center RP 504C  

Subwoofer klipsch R-110SW

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Klipsch Surround RB-41 II and 

Klipsch Surround back Rp-160m

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp  500SA back

Panamax MR4300

Emotiva BasX A-700 (7 channels used, 2 pair Dolby Atmos front and back L-C-R)

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet)

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1755.jpeg

I'm no expert. There are certainly people here who can help you more than me but I think your side surrounds need to be closer to the listening position. And maybe the bigger speakers that you are using for rear surrounds should be your sides and vice versa. I am assuming you ran the Audyssey set up that is in the Marantz.

And tilt up the center to point at the listening position

• Like 1

Hi

Great system! It seems to me that you could do with some speaker placement. The sofa could be placed a couple of ft closer to the TV, giving your surround speakers a much better angle when pointed towards the listening area(sofa). The fronts should be angled inwards pointing at the listening area. Same goes for the rears as well. Your fronts and rears should also have distance from the back walls, so to not block the speaker ports. Come to think of it, this might be a big factor in the problems you've been having with the sound. A couple of ft from the wall should do. The center should also tilt upwards to the point where the tweeter is pointing at your nose or mouth when seated. From what I see in the pictures, that might not be possible, but as far up as possible should be an improvement. I see that you're not using the spikes that come with your fronts. If you ever feel like the mids are lacking or just want more powerful mids, put on the spikes and get some speaker spike floor protectors. 

In addition, I also see quite a lot of hard points that can warp the sound and thus your overall listening experience. I'd recommend much thicker curtains for your terrace/balcony door. Glass and sound does not go together. The floor-area closest to your center could do with a thick rug. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, angelluisg said:

@babadono thanks !!

@HenrikTJ thanks .. distorsion , was thinking..do you think , acoustics panel will most better clean sound? and rug?..floor .. I have curtain ..

Acoustic panels would do you some good here, but I wouldn't recommend it for you. Sorry if im wrong, but it seems like, from the pictures, that your HT is part of your living room and extends beyond that which is visible in the pictures. Mounting acoustic panels is only done right when you cover ALL places that need to have sound absorbed. This means that you would have to not only get panels for the part of the room where your system is, but the entire room as well. I think you would agree when I say a living room with random acoustic panels everywhere would not look good. 

Yes, I see you already have curtains there, but as I am able to see through them, it's safe to say they aren't suitable for bouncing off sound waves. They need to be thicker. 

Just to answer your question about power amps as well: The problem is never the power. Klipsch's speaker are some of the more sensitive on the market too, so they don't require a whole lot to be driven. My guess is that you might not be all that satisfied with the pairing of your marantz receiver and klipsch speakers. If you haven't already, I recommend you try out other receiver brands and find out what sounds the best to you.

• Like 1

@HenrikTJ

19 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

marantz receiver and klipsch speakers. If you haven't already, I recommend you try out other receiver brands and find out what sounds the best to you.

thanks .. marantz SR5009 was amazing for me more 5 years used.. and still good. now change for Marantz SR7012 .. more , power, more speakers , another system Dolby Atmos....I think a lot info for process.. but thanks.. I bought acoustics panels.. for wall back..I will tested . and later will tell you ..thanks

@Maz4bz thanks for steps .. read and learning about that ..told you later..results ..thanks 

20 hours ago, angelluisg said:

question ? may be more power amp? 11 channel?

My vote would be "no" to more power in terms of substantial improvement.  Your Marantz 6012 is excellent and I've very sure they can drive your entire Klipsch setup to ear bleed levels with little to no distortion.

In general when it comes to external amps more is usually better but the difference would be subtle, not earth shattering because your 6012 is so strong.

Have you run Audyssey?  And after that, experimented with different modes, Reference, Reference L/R bypass, and Flat?  Those do make a difference.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:52 PM, angelluisg said:

the Center Rc-42 II

IMO this is the weakness in your system, it's a little small.  I prefer a center speaker with 6-7" woofers, I think it makes voices more full.

As small as your room is I don't think you need an RC-64 III, but it would sound great if you did go that way.  Instead I would suggest an RP-600C, even though I've never heard one.  I like MTM designs and I have the RP-600M and they sound good with voices and dialog.  They were very clear when I used them as L/R in a 2.0 setup for testing.

+++

Your 6012 has a setting for Setup-> Audyssey -> Audyssey Manual -> Dialog adjust, something like that.  Have you tried boosting the center maybe 3 db?  Try it and see what you think, if it helps the fullness of the sound.

In multi-speaker setups most of the audio does not go through the L/R, it goes through the center, at least in my experience.

http://getbettersound.com/index.php  I recommend Jim Smith's book or DVD's often because he helped me a lot.  It is geared to 2 channels but getting the room right is important no matter how many channels.  Your speaker and seat placement might be limited to a small number of options but I'll bet you can improve.  Your first reflection for the left channel is rough!  

Work on your room as much as you can.  Not all improvements have to be expensive!

• Like 1

OK; just rip out all your stuff and switch to Klipsch Pro speakers.  Just kidding :D awesome system!  Some of the above tweaks may get you from 98% to 99% ... I would not expect too much improvement. Haha, unless you do heavy curtains, floor covering and acoustic panels ... result is better sound but a horrible looking room ... my wife would never let me do that.  Guess you may have to "compromise" a bit :D 

@wvu80

17 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Your Marantz 6012 is excellent and I've very sure they can drive your entire Klipsch setup to ear bleed levels with little to no distortion.

my Marantz SR7012 yes is true is excellent .. plus my amp emotiva basx A-700.. what do you think? and my center channel is RP-504C now.. this is a question .. I have a lot upgrades in the speakers, receiver, amp, and sound is exactly was .. must be spectacular? must be immersive, no plain ..I ran audyssey..and bought SPL for measuring levels db ..I would like more details..more separation sounds..  

oh maybe I'm used to the same sound .. what do you think?

@muel thanks for link ,,let me see

2 minutes ago, angelluisg said:

do you thinks this panels acoustics help?

Sorry, but never "played" with acoustic panels myself.  Yes, know they can help but placement is not easy. Hopefully someone will chime in :D 

1 hour ago, angelluisg said:

my center channel is RP-504C now.. this is a question ..

Are you saying your center might be a question?  It should be an upgrade over the 4" woofers, but I've never heard the 504C so I don't know how it compares.

Did you try the Dialog adjust feature?  Give it 3 db boost and see what you think, see if you hear a difference.

1) You might want to put an area rug on that floor, between the speakers/TV, etc. and the couch.

2) After you get the room to the point that you don't expect to move anything or add or subtract anything for a long time, set aside a day to optimize Audyssey, if you haven't already. 

a)Read this all the way through (1 to 2 hours) "Audyssey FAQ Linked Here"

b) Optimize, using all 8 microphone positions. 

c) As the FAQ will tell you, almost everyone turns up the subwoofer(s) a few dB AFTER running Audyssey (the FAQ will tell you why).  don't turn it up before, or Audyssey will just turn it back down.

d) If you use your SPL meter to "check" levels (really not necessary if you are using Audyssey) do NOT use the noise generator in your AVR!  Use a separate test disk, like the Spears & Munsil.  The FAQ explains why.

e) For questions about Audyssey, Google "Official Audyssey Thread, Part II"

3) If you are still not getting good enough sound, see this more thorough guide, which is broader than it sounds:  GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

4) Lastly, remember that some movies have a lot more audio detail than others!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garyrc said:

1) You might want to put an area rug on that floor, between the speakers/TV, etc. and the couch.

(respectful snip!, just wanted to reference the post)

As usual Gary nailed it, on every point.

I am the exception who does not boost the subs after Audyssey sets it, but Gary is right that most people like it a little hotter.

I do tweak after Audyssey gets the sound 98% right on the money and you have the most advanced version of Audyssey.  It's OK to play with the settings, because if you screw up the sound (ahem, like I screwed up the sound) Audyssey is always there for you to restore order.  I have the same version as you and I am NOT smarter than Audyssey.  :) 

I use the Dialog adjust with my RC-64 III often boosting it about 3 db.  I just like the way it sounds at lower spl's.

+++

I don't think you've talked about Dynamic EQ or Dynamic Volume.  Those two settings have a dramatic effect on the sound.

• Like 1

@GaryC thanks I am reading , processing all information.. hope can do better I ran audyssey 8 points in living room .. I was watching videos   software REW for equalization and measuring room .. what do you think? is like audyssey.. or more specific I think..