1st Maryland Blue Crabs of the Summer

baron167

Baron,

That container looks a lot like this one.  What gives?

A77D4E01-D562-4CC0-A3F4-FF7B7391EE35.thumb.jpeg.dfcf37fdd00e513cf316a9afb1b9bd0c.jpeg

Technically the containers are cylindrical versus a box, but I'll let that go [emoji38] Marketing high impact colors? Competition makes for better business? Baltimore spice association? You do know Old Bay is McCormick, correct? J.O. Spice is a (small) family owned business. I am in no way affiliated with either business. Please read the truck pic explaining dining out versus home cooked.
e64aea37525b8f49ef78b0c3106c5cd4.jpg1c086c229a03354e745b63e4eda22801.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, baron167 said:

Florida? Harvested then grilled, not boiled.
My favorite seafood in Florida is Stone Crab claws.

I boiled... they were good...dozer.

Grilled is cool...

54 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Most everything from the east coast is overrated.

Tobacco Road college basketball mid 70s to the 90s wasn't, Clemson Tigers aren't, gorgeous weather more often than not isn't, the ground doesn't shake unless you're near a speedway. Eastern NC pulled pork barbeque, salt & pepper fried catfish, fried chicken, *Maryland Blue Crabs, cornbread without sugar.........

It's just the folks that moved down here that are overrated Mr. Hothead! (tips hat smiley)

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

I see that J.O. Is available from Amazon.    In Googling J.O., I ran across this:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/food-drink/bs-md-jo-sexual-harassment-20190621-story.html

Seems not everyone appreciates a rub.

Sooooo, this is recent and must be ongoing! No wonder they are marketing so aggressively?! Attorneys fees and settlements aren't cheap! Oh well, I still like their #2 for steaming crabs. Still love Old Bay for so many other foods.

1 hour ago, baron167 said:

Florida? Harvested then grilled, not boiled.
My favorite seafood in Florida is Stone Crab claws.

Yes they have them here...Ian Fleming while writing his travelog book went to a famous restaurant, 

thinking Joe's or ? for some.

Claws with melted butter (vinegar?)and racks of fresh thick toast in Miami.

Cannot recall exactly what drink but thinking  a Taittinger Pink Champ... getting hungry here...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes they have them here...Ian Fleming while writing his travelog book went to a famous restaurant, 

Cannot recall exactly what drink but thinking  a Taittinger Pink Champ... getting hungry here...

Joe's Crab Shack. Great Place!

Was there the week that Andrew hit we got out at the last minute Sat night before the Sun night landfall. Torrential rain from ft. la de da all the way to I-26 in SC

• Thanks 1

I think i had my first ones there at Joe's. The original Joe's. There's an original one, correct? Then again in Key West. And several times after. Wife has them shipped from FL. One time around Christmas a couple years ago, our Annapolis Whole Foods had them and my lovely wife brought some home for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1