Just some old pictures

dtel

• Moderators
On 7/23/2019 at 6:36 PM, babadono said:

Man looks like you guys had tons o' fun back then....actual spending time listening to equipment. Including sometimes "too Damn loud".  I'm a long time Klipsch owner/horn lover but I've only been around here for about 8 years and only to the last 3 pilgrimages. Seems things be different now.

It wasn't a Pilgramage, it was a class that Roy put together for Jube owners and prospective buyers on the art  and science of speaker design specific related to the Jubilee,  horn loaded bass vs. DR, measurement techniques.  Yes there was music, but there was also hours of A/B pink noise comparison.  Measure and curve, measure and curve.

But you are in luck my friend, Roy has just agreed to put on a similar type of two-day class for Museum members on October 18 and 19 so save those dates. 

The overall theme Roy has selected is "Why Did Paul Do What He Did."  The class size at the lab portion will be strictly limited to the same size we had back in 2007-08, and will also include a program at the new Museum Education Center located at the Hope Airport.

More details to come in the next few days.

Travis

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 7/24/2019 at 12:44 PM, Bill W. said:

Hope we can do it again!

Consider it done, albeit a slightly different format, new subject and being organized and hosted by the Klipsch Museum of Audio History as a fundraising/membership drive event, it promises to be the first of many very memorable and enjoyable classes Roy is hoping to host.

October 18 and 19.

Travis 

I gave a set of Photos to Ms. Valerie from my visit in 1985 with she and Paul. She said PWK used to talk about me all the time, which made my day for sure. Then I went in the other room to check out the single Jubilee with the 503 horn next to her Bohsendorfer Piano! there were 4 Khorns and 1 Belle in the other room.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dtel said:

All of this was with Roy’s “ special” $39 CD player, well it was only from there. :huh:

When I got a CD player back in 1983, the only ONE you could get was a SONY. Philips, who owns the patents on CD, did not even have theirs out yet, SONY was the ONLY choice. I paid over $1,000 in 1983 money, which would be almost $3,000 in today's money. I had one of these $39 DVD players, which also played CD's and it sounded way better than my original (which I still had at the time, now in the junk pile somewhere in the world). So if you think about the VALUE of modern digital electronics, I paid only 1.3% of my original investment to get better sound. That's a 77 times cheaper (98.7 % discount) for a better unit. Yet, I can't understand why my good friend has spent $35,000 in twin turntables, moving coil cartridges (one stereo, one mono), and spends HUNREDS of dollars on 180 Gram VINYL just to get a slightly different sound from a CD or Download. All I can say is it's 99% Quasi Religious Experience and not paying attention the the tech. Yes, he also has some expensive cable (not stupid expensive, but expensive). I guess that's what you get from reading Stereophile rather than this Forum.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:53 PM, ClaudeJ1 said:

I gave a set of Photos to Ms. Valerie from my visit in 1985 with she and Paul. She said PWK used to talk about me all the time, which made my day for sure. Then I went in the other room to check out the single Jubilee with the 503 horn next to her Bohsendorfer Piano! there were 4 Khorns and 1 Belle in the other room.

Yea Claude, he probably used to tell Valerie this guy is driving me crazy and he better quit coming around.