Woofer identification lascala clone

mudhog

I finally got the woofer out of my LaScala clones after hooking up my output straight to the speaker terminal and get no sound at all.

I need a replacement. Can anybody identify this speaker. the picture shows the only marking I have found. I can replace with anything I guess as long as it matches the other .

speaker 1.jpg

speaker 3.jpg

That looks like an Eminence part number. You can contact them to see if that would be available through them or if it was made for someone else. They could also give you the t/s parameters, which would allow you to compare the specs to the Klipsch K-33 or other known woofers that will work in the LS cabinet.

Or get new pair of woofers from critesspeakers.com. then you know they will match.

Bruce

• Like 1

Thanks Bruce you have been very helpful. The number does match with what eminence used for identification and this speaker is a 1985 model. I think I will contact Crites and get a pair of replacements. I want to check all speakers before I order to make sure this is the only bad one.

20 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Thanks Bruce you have been very helpful. The number does match with what eminence used for identification and this speaker is a 1985 model. I think I will contact Crites and get a pair of replacements. I want to check all speakers before I order to make sure this is the only bad one.

Do you know what woofer is in the 2nd speaker?  I would try to match it, and if you cannot (and can't verify the parameters of the blown woofer), I'd replace both.

Just my 2 cents.

My thought is if this one blown, then the other might not be far behind, so I might as well replace both then I know they have matching specifications. I have not looked at the other one yet but it does still work. I'll keep it for a spare or maybe do a sub with it.

4 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

I would try to match it,...

That number doesn't match what Eminence told me was the K-33. I picked up my beater LS with some woofers that shouldn't have worked very well at all in the LS cabs. I didn't even try them as my son had a pair of K-33s sitting in a box unused (almost brand new).

• 2 weeks later...