paranoid perfection

Mila1924

Hi all,  i have a scott lk 72 amp.  these things are crazy old, so I'm trying to let go of any OCD tendencies of looking for perfection.  BUT, i have to ask this question anyways.  it looks like my amp seems to slightly dip down towards the center of the amp, natural gravity effect? idk .  when you look at it, it is not level all the way across, you can see the transformers are ever so slightly lower on the side closer to the middle of the amp.  same with the output tubes, they are slightly lower on the inside 2 tubes when looking straight on at the set of 4 tubes.  No, there doesn't seem to be any impact on the sound, pure cosmetics, but wondering if this is just one of those things thats expected with a 50 some year old gear.  again, the height difference isn't insanely different, but when you look close you can definitely tell. any input is appreciated. 

33 minutes ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

Yes !!  This is called the 'Inverse Effect"............................ and you don't have to worry about it at all. 

Scott LK72s have their surfaces bow slightly inwards after 50 years, just as inversely, male audiophiles' tummies often bow slightly outwards after 50 years. 

Mila 1924, I am so sorry, I could not help myself.  If done carefully, you could perhaps use levers and straighten the chassis, but it needs to be done thoughtfully and very carefully.

Jeffrey

thanks for the reply,  I think if you would've used "stomach cavity" or something more scientific than "tummy" that would've made me read it as factual science.  funny tho.  i look forward to someone having my same question so i can use your line.  thanks again for the feedback