Whats you first name and if you have one nickname

mr clean

On 7/25/2019 at 3:09 PM, codewritinfool said:

I don't give my real name unless I do business with someone.  Nickname is "code".

I attempted to try out for a local production of Jesus Christ Superstar for the role of John, but they never called me in for an audition:

IMG-1060.png

I like the long hair.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

Hey thanks @Blackbird, but believe it or not, I just cut it off again.  It grows really fast but I'm trying to decide if I grow it out again or keep it short.

If you can arrange for that fancy lighting at all times, go for the long hair. If not, keep it short. I've seen both.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MookieStl said:

If you can arrange for that fancy lighting at all times, go for the long hair. If not, keep it short. I've seen both.

😀Noted.  That took about 15-20 seconds, with me staring into a bright light on the ground while someone else was behind me with a portable light, moving it around.  My only instructions from the photographer was, "don't move & don't blink".  It'd be tough to have that rig around all of the time, lol.

• Like 2

My first name is Glenn. My father named me after his favorite actor, Glenn Ford. I've been known as Mos, pronounced like "mows" as in cut the grass. In the Navy it was just plain Mo. On the CB Radio back in the '70s (remember those? I do vaguely) I was Woofer, my wife Verna was Tweeter and our son was Midrange. But here, I've always been known as Picky because I am VERY picky about my audio stuff. Hence my involvement with Klipsch. Howdy y'all!

• Like 6

• 3 years later...
On 7/24/2019 at 6:37 PM, BigStewMan said:

I dub thee "dot"

My name is shown above my avatar. My nick name to friends and family since I was very young, is BB, after my dad.

When I worked at a rather large firm I was called either ****** and Bubba, depending upon what floor I was visiting. I was affectionally anointed with the nickname "******" because I can speak spanish, but before anyone figured that out I was called Bubba because for the first 3 years that I worked there I didn't talk much to anyone and always wore cowboy boots. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 9:23 AM, Gilbert said:

My name is shown above my avatar. My nick name to friends and family since I was very young, is BB, after my dad.

When I worked at a rather large firm I was called either ****** and Bubba, depending upon what floor I was visiting. I was affectionally anointed with the nickname "******" because I can speak spanish, but before anyone figured that out I was called Bubba because for the first 3 years that I worked there I didn't talk much to anyone and always wore cowboy boots. 

Hi

It's fascinating how our nicknames can evolve based on different aspects of our lives. From being called "BB" by your loved ones to being known as "******" and later "Bubba" at work, each name carries its own story.

Edited by Aliyaaii

Real name is Bruce, named after Robert the Bruce, the Catholic who fought for Scottish independence. Little did I know I would grow up to become Catholic after years of our family not having any affiliation.

Nickname - Captain Marvel (Marvel on the forums). Three of us friends during late high school till now, were Shadow, Phantom and Marvel. Started in the '60s. Shadow is still my best friend. Phantom has passed away. At '74 I'm finding it a little harder to make long term plans.

20210614_171403~3.jpg

• Like 6

My real name is George . The name George goes back to the Greek name Geōrgios, which in turn is derived from the word geōrgós, composed of the elements "earth" and érgon "work, labor", and means "farmer" or "earthworker".

Or in other words " Georgy Porgy, pudding pie , kissed the girls and made them cry " 😁

My Nickname is Micromara  "Micro " as short term from " Micro Seiki"  and "Mara" as short term from Marantz , that´s behind my real name as well as nickname