Thought I found a decent Vinyl retailer........Guess NOT

joessportster

A heads up for anyone buying vinyl 

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=login&logout=true

Story:  I wanted the NEW Rolling Stones Studio Lp Box set, So I ordered it paid 373.99 for it and waited, Got it today Via Fedex. Open the mildly damaged outer box and right away I see something disconcerting The clear tape on the inner box that protects the box set is a mess its all jumbled up and has a piece going across at 90 degree angle, Not what one sees on a NEW product. Next I pull the box out and the label on the side is totally faded as though its old or sun exposed. the inner box has zero damage. Next I open the box to retrieve the  box set itself there are 8 foam protective foam pieces 1 on each corner, all are pristine IE...No Damage.  Now I inspect the box set and I find a 3 inch crease in the top right rear oddly enough exactly where those pristine foam corner protectors reside inside the pristine inner box.  So this begs the ? how does 1 cause a crease like this with the foam and box in perfect shape ?  I figure they are reselling returned items as NEW, Called to inquire the ONE & ONLY PERSON that deals with returns replacements is AWAY for a WEEK........................Things are smelling foul, Go look up google and yelp reviews and guess what comes up 3 to 3.5 stars

BUYER BEWARE....................I paid via Paypal so after I wait my week I can file a claim if they fail to make it right

Thought some on here may want to know

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Story:  I wanted the NEW Rolling Stones Studio Lp Box set, So I ordered it paid 373.99 for it and waited, Got it today Via Fedex. Open the mildly damaged outer box and right away I see something disconcerting The clear tape on the inner box that protects the box set is a mess its all jumbled up and has a piece going across at 90 degree angle, Not what one sees on a NEW product. Next I pull the box out and the label on the side is totally faded as though its old or sun exposed. the inner box has zero damage. Next I open the box to retrieve the  box set itself there are 8 foam protective foam pieces 1 on each corner, all are pristine IE...No Damage.  Now I inspect the box set and I find a 3 inch crease in the top right rear oddly enough exactly where those pristine foam corner protectors reside inside the pristine inner box.  So this begs the ? how does 1 cause a crease like this with the foam and box in perfect shape ?  I figure they are reselling returned items as NEW, Called to inquire the ONE & ONLY PERSON that deals with returns replacements is AWAY for a WEEK........................Things are smelling foul, Go look up google and yelp reviews and guess what comes up 3 to 3.5 stars

BUYER BEWARE....................I paid via Paypal so after I wait my week I can file a claim if they fail to make it right

They will usually take care if it.  We all had an issue with a box set if Doors and they took care of it better than ever.  It was the record manufacturers fault on that one.

Travis 

This is my primary problem with Amazon. Too often you’re lead to believe you will receive new product and what arrives is most certainly a rewrap. Plus Amazon scrubs user reviews purportedly to keep them ‘objective’ but methinx  their editor function skews reviews to a more positive slant. Online purchases guts the buyer beware caveat.

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

They will usually take care if it.  We all had an issue with a box set if Doors and they took care of it better than ever.  It was the record manufacturers fault on that one.

Travis 

I hope your right, The guy on the phone was less than convincing.  I also feel like first impressions are a great way to make a customer feel confident things will get resolved. Basically calling someone a liar is not a good way to start 

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

This is my primary problem with Amazon. Too often you’re lead to believe you will receive new product and what arrives is most certainly a rewrap. Plus Amazon scrubs user reviews purportedly to keep them ‘objective’ but methinx  their editor function skews reviews to a more positive slant. Online purchases guts the buyer beware caveat.

Agreed

2 hours ago, joessportster said:

This seems really strange to me but I know they DO sell used as well as new.  That's how it started... selling used records.   I've been there and seen their warehouse in Salina, KS as well as the record manufacturer across the street, Analogue Productions (https://www.discogs.com/label/57179-Analogue-Productions) both started by Chad Kassem.  They are a small shop but I cannot imagine that you have anything to worry about them making it right.  Chad has been putting on the Blues Masters and the Crossroads for over 20 years in Salina.  I finally got to go last Fall and it was a blast!  2 nights of great blues at the Blue Heavens studio that was formally an old church (great acoustics to say the least).   We also took a tour of the manufacturing plant which was really cool to see!  They have been contracted to repress a lot of old stuff as well as the new stuff they are cranking out at the studio.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_Sounds,_Inc.

I'd say to give them time to make it right and let us know here.  

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, muel said:

This seems really strange to me but I know they DO sell used as well as new.  That's how it started... selling used records.   I've been there and seen their warehouse in Salina, KS as well as the record manufacturer across the street, Analogue Productions (https://www.discogs.com/label/57179-Analogue-Productions) both started by Chad Kassem.  They are a small shop but I cannot imagine that you have anything to worry about them making it right.  Chad has been putting on the Blues Masters and the Crossroads for over 20 years in Salina.  I finally got to go last Fall and it was a blast!  2 nights of great blues at the Blue Heavens studio that was formally an old church (great acoustics to say the least).   We also took a tour of the manufacturing plant which was really cool to see!  They have been contracted to repress a lot of old stuff as well as the new stuff they are cranking out at the studio.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_Sounds,_Inc.

I'd say to give them time to make it right and let us know here.  

He's a Klipsch Dealer as well, henhad Khorns and LS II in demo room when I was there in about '07.

He does sell used vinyl, but that would be the old MFSL set.

The most recent boxed set is a numbered half speed box set, 15 lp set, everything since SF.

There are other No Filter set but I don't think he has those yet, you have to go to RS site o.r Amazon

Which Boxed set did you get Joe?

3 hours ago, joessportster said:
4 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Agreed

If somebody could actually prove this, it would make for a terrific lawsuit.  This would be common law fraud.  There is an intentional misrepresentation by making a partial disclosure.  

These cases are usually from purchases through the "warehouse deals" which do have a disclaiming caveat.  It might be possible that individual vendors are doing this and then you would have to sue the individual vendor unless you could prove amazon knowingly allowed fraudulent sellers, correct?  Our experience has been you get what they say you are paying for when you order, but make sure you pay attention to what that is.  We have learned to avoid risking buying any "warehouse deal."    

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Our experience has been you get what they say you are paying for when you order, but make sure you pay attention to what that is.  We have learned to avoid risking buying any "warehouse deal."    

Is this the imperial "we" you are using or ?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

These cases are usually from purchases through the "warehouse deals" which do have a disclaiming caveat.  It might be possible that individual vendors are doing this and then you would have to sue the individual vendor unless you could prove amazon knowingly allowed fraudulent sellers, correct?  Our experience has been you get what they say you are paying for when you order, but make sure you pay attention to what that is.  We have learned to avoid risking buying any "warehouse deal."    

For the price Joe listed, it is the big box set.  It's brand new, not one of their warehouse still sealed deals they have from time to time.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/134086/The_Rolling_Stones-Studio_Albums_Vinyl_Collection_1971-2016-Vinyl_Box_Sets