Stephens Tru-Sonic Corrosion!?!?!

khorndog

Worst corrosion I've seen.  We just emptied our truck trailer of artifacts for a long-overdue inventory.  This stuff has been in there 20+ years in the Arkansas heat (and a little cold).  Definitely high humidity!  Bottom center in the first pic is the worst.  The second pic shows the zinc & yellow chromate plating on the front plate going south.  It is actually turning to powder.  But yours takes the cake.  It's likely due to poor surface prep prior to painting.

Your pic of the non-corroded driver looks like a back plate/magnet shift (no longer concentric).  Amazing that it has not locked the voice coil!

20190726_101619.jpg

20190726_101521.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 9:53 AM, JRH said:

Worst corrosion I've seen.  We just emptied our truck trailer of artifacts for a long-overdue inventory.  This stuff has been in there 20+ years in the Arkansas heat (and a little cold).  Definitely high humidity!  Bottom center in the first pic is the worst.  The second pic shows the zinc & yellow chromate plating on the front plate going south.  It is actually turning to powder.  But yours takes the cake.  It's likely due to poor surface prep prior to painting.

Your pic of the non-corroded driver looks like a back plate/magnet shift (no longer concentric).  Amazing that it has not locked the voice coil!

20190726_101619.jpg

20190726_101521.jpg

Thanks for the  feedback and pics.. 

When you say "Your pic of the non-corroded driver looks like a back plate/magnet shift (no longer concentric)."  Which are you referring to? And if you mean my driver when brushed... what are the indicators?