Volti Audio klipschorn upgrades

Shakeydeal

Remember reading quite some time ago about some controversy surrounding this product in general.

A question I might have is since there appears to be more than one product...read in some opinions even better than the original, a reason to do business with this entity...

May have been answered already.  Thanks

12 hours ago, Deang said:

In that first thread, I went so far off the rails that Amy kept deleting my posts so she wouldn't have to ban me. 

I would like to see those deleted posts.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 11:24 AM, Shakeydeal said:

Let's steer this one back on course a bit, shall we?

Any more testimonials to Volti upgrades, or other 2" horn/driver combos?

Shakey

I like these inexpensive 18" X 10" ABS plastic horns.

P1020838.JPG.00c2e44c0ae28009f5397382a4e437fd.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, In conclusion, an expensive but worthwhile mod for Khorns?

I am a button push away from buying midhorns from Greg while retaining the A55g driver, type A crossover, Crites CT 120 and composite basket  woofer. The stock metal 400 horn is honky to my bad ears. 

Thanks 

• Sad 1

An alternative, would be to go the active DSP route.

You will need an extra amplifier (does not need to be high priced) and a DSP unit (ElectroVoice, behringer, DBX, Xilica, or Yamaha, Ashly etc). You might be amazed. If you buy used (don't buy Behringer or DBX used ) it won't break the bank and still be less than what you are currently considering. 

Good Luck,

-Tom

3 hours ago, JRS94 said:

So, In conclusion, an expensive but worthwhile mod for Khorns?

I am a button push away from buying midhorns from Greg while retaining the A55g driver, type A crossover, Crites CT 120 and composite basket  woofer. The stock metal 400 horn is honky to my bad ears. 

Thanks 

Huge upgrade even with the 55's.

Can anyone comment  to what extent the Volti horns widen the sweet spot versus the K400? And how far back from the horn are you? A single seat sweet spot  is my main problem with the Klipschorns. It seems like it is a fundamental limitation of listening too close (15' to the baffle in my case) for exponential horns. I have read that there is some improvement with pure tractrix like Volti.  I have had some success listening off-axis and rebalancing, or using a center channel, but I would like a better solution.  It is more of a problem of a large shift in the sound towards the closer speaker and not a shift in the timbre.