Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ziggurat

Amcron Macro-Tech 2401

Recommended Posts

Picked up one of these today - just... they are solid! 

 

Anyone adapted of these for home audio use? 

 

Thinking about using it to drive bass bins or subs. Fan is, um, intense though....

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ziggurat said:

Thinking about using it to drive bass bins or subs. Fan is, um, intense though....

Pick up a fan from China.  They are super cheap, quiet and they work.  I got a couple of 80 mm fans for my Inuke 3000's, about $3.00 each.  They were at least $15-20 from Amazon.  Free shipping.

 

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=708041&initiative_id=AS_20190728134332&SearchText=computer+fan

+++

 

And yes, a lot of us use pro audio amps for subs.  You might have to buy or make some special cables but they are relatively inexpensive.  Usually you'll need an RCA to XLR cable, and speakOn connectors to go from the amp to the sub.

 

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=4776

 

https://www.monoprice.com/search/index?keyword=speakon &v_Connector_B_uFilter=NL4 Female&TotalProducts=257

 

IMG_1777_800.thumb.jpg.f4b9338af42057a6523b047419a8f0aa.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is a Amcron?  I see some Crown amps are sold this way.  Maybe a Japanese version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What is a Amcron?  I see some Crown amps are sold this way.  Maybe a Japanese version?

 

As far as I can tell, it is a Crown - there are Crown logos on it all over.  Somebody else will no doubt be able to explain the re-branding. 

 

Got the thing for next to nothing, sounds like they are quite a reasonable amplifier.... Good score methinks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2019 at 9:44 PM, Ziggurat said:

 

As far as I can tell, it is a Crown - there are Crown logos on it all over.  Somebody else will no doubt be able to explain the re-branding. 

 

Got the thing for next to nothing, sounds like they are quite a reasonable amplifier.... Good score methinks. 

 

I found this in a 2008 post on speakerplans.com:

 

"

It had been for a legal/trademark reason as they (crown) entered the german market.
There had already been a supplier of (cheap) hifi/stereo equipment by the name of crown.
So crown (the american ones) rebranded their products for the german (european?) market and sold them as amcron.
That's what I know about the whole story.
(I've got two MA-Series amps that look like twins expect for the logo...Big%20smile)
Name right disputes must have ended at least for about ten years. As per now "crown" is sold as crown here in europe too.
 
Any product with an amcron label on it must therefore be older than at least ~10 years."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2019 at 12:22 PM, Marvel said:

 

I found this in a 2008 post on speakerplans.com:

 

"

It had been for a legal/trademark reason as they (crown) entered the german market.
There had already been a supplier of (cheap) hifi/stereo equipment by the name of crown.
So crown (the american ones) rebranded their products for the german (european?) market and sold them as amcron.
That's what I know about the whole story.
(I've got two MA-Series amps that look like twins expect for the logo...Big%20smile)
Name right disputes must have ended at least for about ten years. As per now "crown" is sold as crown here in europe too.
 
Any product with an amcron label on it must therefore be older than at least ~10 years."

That is pretty much what happened.  "Crown" had already received trademark status thru a completely different manufacturer in Europe and some other locations, as early as 1973...so when Crown began marketing overseas, they had to use a different trademark...so they came up with "Amcron"….short for "American Crown"....and marketed their products using that logo in places which fell under the trademark rules for the European "Crown" products.  Identical stuff, just a different logo.  In some placesx it it still required for Crown to be sold as Amcron, it seems....I guess that has to do with how long the trademark is granted for in those particular places...and whether it has been renewed by that other "Crown company" or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...