Any Lennox HVAC guys on this here forum

babadono

Not what you want to hear, but the main reason they don’t sell to just anyone is that people that don’t know what their doing wire stuff wrong. Then they bring it back and want a replacement. I own a HVAC company and see this all the time, customer does more damage trying to fix it than what the repair would have cost from a contractor. Not saying you don’t know how to do the job but help you understand their point of view. Good luck there are companies that will sell to you online, will just need the correct info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Howdy,

Looking for help to get a new fan motor/unit for a Lennox heat pump. "Can't sell ya one unless you're a contractor" BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,yadda,yadda,yadda. What a racquet, these guys are worse than the mafia.

Do you have a part number?

28 minutes ago, totalcomfort said:

Not what you want to hear, but the main reason they don’t sell to just anyone is that people that don’t know what their doing wire stuff wrong. Then they bring it back and want a replacement. I own a HVAC company and see this all the time, customer does more damage trying to fix it than what the repair would have cost from a contractor. Not saying you don’t know how to do the job but help you understand their point of view. Good luck there are companies that will sell to you online, will just need the correct info.

OK so can you get me a motor?:) I have two units on my house. I put the bad fan in the good unit and it does not work on that unit either. Reconnected the good fan on the good unit and it is working again. So I think I've got the fan wiring down. I think that pretty much nails it down to a bad ECM motor unit. What do you think?

A friend who was in the industry said to replace the fan motor every five years whether it needs it or not because this is the leading cause for compressor failures (compressor fights with no cooling fan).

Those fans seem really expensive.  About ten + years ago I replaced a fan that cost me $125 and my friend could have gotten the same fan for $50. 

10 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

A friend who was in the industry said to replace the fan motor every five years whether it needs it or not because this is the leading cause for compressor failures (compressor fights with no cooling fan).

You'd think they'd have a simple high pressure cut off switch like an automobile to turn off the compressor if the head pressure got too high from an inoperative fan.