Any Lennox HVAC guys on this here forum

babadono

51 minutes ago, billybob said:

That's what you said...

My confusion started when you quoted me.  I said that my brother had 3 mini splits.  You quoted that statement and said that Gree was the unit, like you knew what brand he had.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, babadono said:

Thanks Gilbert. I got mine off last night before I saw your post. Just a little WD40 and some crystal blue persuasion.

I just realized you said Fan motor,  I was actually referring to the Blower Motor ... same difference, except the blower motor is in the attic where it's warm and toasty.

I had a fan motor and start/run capacitor go out on a 10 year warranted American Standard that is two years old. Invoice say 10 year warranty registered....guess what, they didn't but the installer replaced the fan motor on his dime. The cap not so much. Invoice says 10 years "all parts", he claims the cap is not a part (consumable). After that $50 hit I bought 2 on the big river site for $12 each. Local vendors will not sell capacitors to us lowly beings. I hear that the caps go out pretty often down here in the baking here.

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Got a Dayton brand OEM from Grainger... Capacitor... maybe they did know that I am not a HVAC person or, I looked the part. Anyway ended up on their mailing list so got a really thick parts catalog. Think the Dayton cap was last of new old stock...lasted much longer than the El cheapo's I got elsewhere made in China...the HVAC dudes I ran into around here will sell you a cheapo's for $50 to higher...in a pinch... seems they have you over a barrel if you need servicing...they can sock it to you...baby... lightening and surges in Florida don't you know...

Sure there are better HVAC company .. out there...🤩

17 hours ago, USNRET said:

I had a fan motor and start/run capacitor go out on a 10 year warranted American Standard that is two years old. Invoice say 10 year warranty registered....guess what, they didn't but the installer replaced the fan motor on his dime. The cap not so much. Invoice says 10 years "all parts", he claims the cap is not a part (consumable). After that $50 hit I bought 2 on the big river site for $12 each. Local vendors will not sell capacitors to us lowly beings. I hear that the caps go out pretty often down here in the baking here.

Just FYI, if they're not registered you still get 5 years. Registration get's you an additional 5. Most brands are like that.

17 hours ago, billybob said:

Got a Dayton brand OEM from Grainger... Capacitor... maybe they did know that I am not a HVAC person or, I looked the part. Anyway ended up on their mailing list so got a really thick parts catalog. Think the Dayton cap was last of new old stock...lasted much longer than the El cheapo's I got elsewhere made in China...the HVAC dudes I ran into around here will sell you a cheapo's for $50 to higher...in a pinch... seems they have you over a barrel if you need servicing...they can sock it to you...baby... lightening and surges in Florida don't you know...

Sure there are better HVAC company .. out there...🤩

My wife and I are seriously considering Florida when my daughter flies the coop. I have a State Mechanical License down there that I have maintained since 1998 or so. I'm thinking small operation, just a couple of trucks. Crystal RIver area appeals to me.

2 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

My wife and I are seriously considering Florida when my daughter flies the coop. I have a State Mechanical License down there that I have maintained since 1998 or so. I'm thinking small operation, just a couple of trucks. Crystal RIver area appeals to me.

Agree, it's a nice area and would be an ideal place for a small operation... Weeki-Wachee, Homasassa... all the convenience without the major traffic...

So get this..Lennox and my original install contractor agree my unit is under warranty. But there will be a $335 installation fee for an "in warranty" fan motor. @CECAA850 has already helped me detrimine the cost of the cheapest motor is $315. So sounds like to me I'm paying for an "in warranty" motor.  What a bunch of crooks.

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

So the warranty is for parts, not labor?  What a surprise.  :gotcha:

Last weekend I knew nothing about this. Now that I am partially experienced it would take me about 15 minutes to replace. $335??? Like I said they're CROOKS.

• Haha 2

Just now, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I just googled Goodman fan motor and they are around $100.  Why is the Lennox motor so expensive?

4th word 2nd sentence. My 1980 Corvette u-joints were about $75 same u-joint for Ford LTD was less than $20.