La Scala II or AL5

Ted S

Hello all, 

Im looking to purchase a pair of La Scala II or open to the new model too.  Question for you all that have been on this forum a while - have you seen any of these listed for sale?  I'm wondering if i should just buy them from a store or keep waiting and shopping here. I have found a few places that will sell the new AL5s - but they are about 10K - 

Its getting harder to find anyone with the older stock of La Scala II - but those that have them seem to want to deal a little better.  

If you have a used pair - im in the market - please contact me.

If you know of a Klipsch dealer/store that would give me a great deal, let me know. 

Thanks 

have a great day

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ted S said:

If you know of a Klipsch dealer/store that would give me a great deal, let me know. 

AL5's are now on universal pricing, all new ones are $12,000, shouldn't be anybody offering to sell any less, even in private.  I do have some factory B-stock though, that's about the only way to get a deal.  

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

Location will help of course.

They can be had here and if you want edit your post to read WTB

LSII... etc...In any case you will be getting some decent advise here...Cory is a Klipsch dealer of high regard here on the forum.

1 hour ago, Ted S said:

And as far a universal pricing - that's like paying MSRP for a car... only for suckers :)

i'd say its more like Tesla pricing. There's  price and that's what it costs. I look for cars more than i do speakers and anything that is very desirable is often sold at MSRP.... at least for a time. So If suckers mean "I can't wait have to have it now", then I agree.  I think Klipsch is trying to preserve the image and line by keeping the pricing consistent.  If you can't be patient and wait for a used pair. the B-stocks the way to go and likely the same price. Also getting them for a respected member and dealer is a no brainer. 

30 minutes ago, guf said:

i'd say its more like Tesla pricing. There's  price and that's what it costs. I look for cars more than i do speakers and anything that is very desirable is often sold at MSRP.... at least for a time. So If suckers mean "I can't wait have to have it now", then I agree.  I think Klipsch is trying to preserve the image and line by keeping the pricing consistent.  If you can't be patient and wait for a used pair. the B-stocks the way to go and likely the same price. Also getting them for a respected member and dealer is a no brainer. 

Well guf,   I have never paid MSRP for a car, and i have purchased "desirable" cars, speakers, guns, you name it.  But i have always been one to find the deal, usually it works out.  Thats fine if Klipsch is trying to keep pricing consistent. But a business man is a business man - he wants to sell / move product. If you are made of money and dont care about cost - more power to you, congrats and by all means pay that MSRP. but i rather do a little leg work, save a couple grand. 

4 minutes ago, Ted S said:

Well guf,   I have never paid MSRP for a car, and i have purchased "desirable" cars, speakers, guns, you name it.  But i have always been one to find the deal, usually it works out.  Thats fine if Klipsch is trying to keep pricing consistent. But a business man is a business man - he wants to sell / move product. If you are made of money and dont care about cost - more power to you, congrats and by all means pay that MSRP. but i rather do a little leg work, save a couple grand. 

Good luck on this one. Not everything is wheel and deal when new. Best you try and find good used for deal zone stuff. Klipsch does not flood the dealers with stock they have to sell to beat inventory costs. Cory with Metropolis is telling you the truth and he is a square shooter.  Lets see what you have to say about your buying power in time. You just might do it but I doubt it this time.

1 hour ago, Ted S said:

@ billybob - thanks for the pointers - Ill amend 

@MetropolisLakeOutfitters  - What exactly are "B- Stock" ?  

And as far a universal pricing - that's like paying MSRP for a car... only for suckers :)

I can only assume that you don't realize that Cory is Metropolis Lake Outfitters.  Calling his customers suckers is not a good way to get started on this forum, especially considering that quite a few of the members on here are his customers.  Cory is very popular here, and often has great prices on models that have been in production for some time, but the AL5 La Scala II is a new model, so as Cory has suggested, there will be no discounts at the present time.

2 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Good luck on this one. Not everything is wheel and deal when new. Best you try and find good used for deal zone stuff. Klipsch does not flood the dealers with stock they have to sell to beat inventory costs. Cory with Metropolis is telling you the truth and he is a square shooter.  Lets see what you have to say about your buying power in time. You just might do it but I doubt it this time.

Well Dave - I already have a dealer quoting me 10K for the new AL5 and MSRP is 12K.... and i just started.

10 minutes ago, Ted S said:

Well Dave - I already have a dealer quoting me 10K for the new AL5 and MSRP is 12K.... and i just started.

I have just erased most of what I said in reply as I guess I really don't care what you do but you come off as kind of abrasive. Might not be intentional but there it is.

Oh Dave - are you a Klipsch dealer?

and what kind of verification would you like? 

I certainly did not intend to come off as abrasive  - but what you said (you have now deleted it from your reply) was quite abrasive. You also implied you were a dealer and tell customers to hit the bricks and dont come back if they try to wheel and deal your price. So thats why i was asking if you were a dealer. But since you are not interested in what i do (except for you to take a shot and then say you wont be back to reply) I guess i'll just leave it at that. Wishing you a good day sir. 

Edited by Ted S

6 hours ago, Ted S said:

5 hours ago, Ted S said:

By all means, find a deal and post it here, we'll make them famous. :)  Basically if we get caught discounting them we lose the ability to sell that speaker.  Get caught twice and we lose the whole line.  Dealers can't even buy them anymore unless they're a certified Heritage dealer yet normal dealers are still openly quoting them at a discount, I've seen it myself.  I'm sure you'll find somebody else who can't read eventually. 

AL5's were actually $10,000 full retail earlier this year, there may be a clause or grace period for ones that were bought to stock before they went to 12.  Otherwise you shouldn't be seeing this.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ted S said:

@MetropolisLakeOutfitters  - What exactly are "B- Stock" ?  

Factory blemishes, sometimes there's a few more knots than what is ideal, finish issues, things like that.  This particular pair has some faint swirls on top probably from sanding, I'm assuming that's the deal with them.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ted S said:

What exactly are "B- Stock" ?  

I'm not Cory, and he can answer those questions far better than me.

I own a pair of B stock RP-600M.  The warranty is 90 days and mine looked perfect and play perfectly.  Often there is a blem somewhere, maybe a crushed box, let Cory be more specific.  I'm very happy with mine due to the considerable price discount for B stock.

As far as universal pricing, that's not a "Cory" thing that's a Klipsch, Inc. thing.  If I understand correctly Cory doesn't have flexibility in pricing due to Klipsch's pricing policy.

Ive seen those B stock ak5's Cory has... they look really good with only a small issue, zero affect on performance.

I could sell you my LSii's... so I can buy Jubilees... nah, I'm keeping them.