Do I need a DAC with the Klipsch The Sixes?

ahmed98

Looking for a speaker upgrade for listening to high quality lossless music. (FLAC, AAC) I currently own the Audioengine A5+ and they are working fine however I am looking for an upgrade. My room is a medium sized room with 20ft on each side! (estimated) Which from the following two speakers have better specs and which one should I go for? I read the Klipsch sixes has a inbuilt DAC so does that mean I won't need a DAC for high quality audio or I can still use a DAC with the speakers and get better SQ by combining both. Currently planning to buy the Topping D50 DAC. Apologies if the questions are silly, I'm fairly new to this. Thank you all for the help in advance! ☺️

23 minutes ago, ahmed98 said:

No need of an. external DAC (Topping D50) for SQ improvement? 

I'd listen to them first.  I've heard them a couple times in Hope and they sound really good.  They have surprising bass for their size.  After you have them for a while and want to use an external DAC, I believe they have an analog input.  Check the spec sheet to be sure.

For the record, I have never heard them with an external DAC.

• 9 months later...