Quartets, Oak Oiled, $300, Tampa Bay, FL

Emile

6 hours ago, avguytx said:

They won't touch the CF-3's.  In my personal experience, anyway, and I have actually owned both.  But good speakers, though.

I have had all of the Heritage and extended Heritage, except for the Quartet. That changed a couple of days ago when I, finally, scored some Walnut Quartet. I agree with what you're saying, similarly to the Forte can't keep up with the KLF30 or CF, have those too. At the end of relentlessly searching day, I still stand by my statement that the stock Forte II will win the majority: Quality of sound, Loudness, WAF, Cost, Footprint race than anything that is normally offered. I will be checking what the Quartet offer soon. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KwintSommer said:

Since they're sold I feel comfortable saying that I offered $200 and he countered immediately at $250.

I left it there but I'm pretty sure I could have gotten these for $230 or less.

I wonder what they ultimately sold for.

That would have been a good deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I have had all of the Heritage and extents Heritage, except for the Quartet. That changed a couple of days ago when I, finally, scored some Walnut Quartet. I agree with what you're saying, similarly to the Forte can't keep up with the KLF30 or CF, have those too. At the end of relentlessly searching day, I still stand by my statement that the stock Forte II will win the majority: Quality of sound, Loudness, WAF, Cost, Footprint race than anything that is normally offered. I will be checking what he Quartet offer soon. 

A KLF 20 size wise is essentially a Forte turned sideways and most people these days are looking for tall narrow towers rather than wider towers. The dual tens of a KLF20 will push more air as much air as 1 1/2 twelve inch woofers can. It would take three Forte to move as much air in the bass as a pair of KLF20 can. The mid horn in the KLF20 is a more modern design. I really cannot imagine why anyone would want a Forte over a KLF20 putting aside the poly tweeter diaphragm of the KLF (wich takes minutes to replace) and any baffle adhesive issues that they may or may not have. I have owned Quartet, Forte, Forte ll and KLF20 as well as the CF3 all very similar in overall shape and bulk except for the Quarter which shares the same basic footprint with the others but is not as tall as the others being about three inches shorter than a Forte.

• Like 1