My first home theater setup

SnakeOil

I am most of the way done with my home theater setup. My room is not ideal but it is all I have to work with. The main room is 12x8 with a kitchen connecting to it in an "L shape." Please forgive the messy cords and cinder blocks as I am still setting up. I still need to choose a reciever that will run 4k and my rear speakers. I have to mount them to the back wall. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Klipsch recommended rs-42ii or the newer 402s speakers for the rear. Do I really want to do that? I thought those were more designed for side channels in a 7.1 setup. I currently have a pair of 160Ms, a 62ii, and a sw112.

Screenshot_20190731-171316_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190731-171529_Gallery.jpg

Edited by SnakeOil
Spelling

@SnakeOil,

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like you are on your way to some AV enjoyment.

8 hours ago, SnakeOil said:

I currently have a pair of 160Ms, a 62ii, and a sw112.

Looks like good choices for that size room.

8 hours ago, SnakeOil said:

Klipsch recommended rs-42ii or the newer 402s speakers for the rear. Do I really want to do that? I thought those were more designed for side channels in a 7.1 setup.

Their main design function is for side surrounds but can also be used as the rears.  If you go just 5.1, then I would place them on the sides slightly behind your ears in your main seating position.

Enjoy.

Bill