Klipschorns with 2”tractrix horns & upgrades 2500.00

bkwa1959

Klipschorns with Bob Crites a/4500 crossovers,crites ct-125 tweeters,2” tractrix horns,Klipsch k-55v solder terminal midranges and k-33 woofers,with enclosed extended backs .Great sounding speakers that you don’t need corners to get great sound,I have played the with tube and solid state amps and they sound great with either types of amps.I prefer tubes.I am downsizing to one system and need to move these,I can email more pictures if interested .Must pick up in Sevierville,Tn

19EE033B-6D41-41F0-9257-D339B745161C.jpeg

• Like 1

This group is exactly the place to sell those Khorns with those exact mods.  All of us here know what incredible value is added with your nicely selected upgrades.  I used to own a pair of Khorns with the A/4500 XO and greatly improved compression drivers placed on top so I certainly know what you have.

I predict those will be gone in 3, 2, 1 ...

GLWYS

• Like 1

99EB1DDD-757B-4312-B669-73F4E6DD44BF.thumb.jpeg.962fd0a777a522c0a3d62b8c3f47de83.jpegI have owned Klipschorns and I always loved the life like sound they reproduced,the only negative is that they can be a little bright sounding, I found this forum and I kept reading about the 2” tractrix horns.I then found the Volti site and I wanted to upgrade my speakers, I just couldn’t justify the high cost of the complete upgrade package,then these popped up on the forum and I could own them for 2/3 of the cost of the upgrades.I bought them and after doing some repairs on the horns,I made some adjustments,different midranges and added the crites a/4500 crossovers and I was hooked.Then a pair of Klipschorns with ak-4 crossovers with ribbon mahogany finished were listed on this forum and it was less than a 5 hour drive so I bought them.I have picked up a piece here and piece there and I know have enough parts to do a complete Volti upgrade my other pair of Klipschorns and I am trying to sell these.My dream pair of Klipschorns are the 60th Anniversary pair.I want this pair to go to someone who will really enjoy them,due to the size of these they may not have a high wife acceptance. s

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a picture of the back of the speakers to show the enclosed backs so you can use them without corners the crites crossovers k-55-v soldered plug midranges.I can email more pictures as I have trouble loading more than 1 picture at a time.These speakers address the know issues with Klipschorns,midrange too bright crites type a/4500,horns issues 2” tractrix horns and crites ct-125 tweeters as the crites crossovers will fry k-77’s

BDC8DD4A-5208-4862-9843-4ABB73CCFD43.jpeg

• 1 month later...