A Little Surf Zone Video.

Shiva

Took this short video today in the surf zone and put it up on Youtube.  Headphones if you got em.  A nice natural surround sound.

On a side note, it appears that this site bumps the resolution down to 480p.  click on the little cog and put it back up to 720p for better pic and sound.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Usually best in winter, but storms can kick up some nice waves.  For live:

http://livesurfcamhawaii.com/oahu/northshore.html

Only been to Hawaiian Islands ... twice.  Some guy told me that the best time to go is in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The two times that i’ve been have been early March and early April. Been to Oahu, Big Island, Kaiui, Maui.  The Ex loved Maui and I was more of an Oahu guy. 

Oahu is where all of the action is.  The rest are great if you want to be isolated from pretty much everything.  Early march isn't bad for temps and whale watching.  For big waves on the north shore any time in the winter is good when the swells come in.  North shore is traditionally flat in the summer.  I remember boogie boarding in the lead up to Iniki back in the 90's on the south shore.   Tasty waves, then the next few days batten down and hope for the best.  Hawaii has been in a sweet spot to avoid storms for quite a while, but that seems to be changing, along with everything else.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Oahu is where all of the action is. 

Exactly what i like about it ... Weekend night is like the Vegas Strip ... well, not quite; but, still active. Wife did like seclusion and quiet. I was always loud music and neon lights guy.

Plus, spent a week on Waikiki and was able to breath effortlessly ... one day ventured to the other side of the island and the humidity was noticeably more.  Still survived; but, not as easy to breath for an Asthmatic like me. Would absolutely love to visit North Shore in the winter and watch the huge waves.