Tweeter Upgrade for K79

I have a pair of Klipsch KLF 20s and I was curious if whether or not you guys knew of a genuine upgrade for the tweeter. I already have the crites ti upgrades. I'm just looking for something that has a bit bite to it. I just constantly feel like I'm missing something. I was just asking if anyone has used or heard of any good tweeter upgrades. Thanks for the response.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SWL said:

I went with forum member Dave A's K-79 MAHL tweeters and haven't looked back. He sells them on Ebay.

I have two pairs of KLF-30's and I was surprised that when I compared the new K-79 MAHL's to the stock drivers with titanium diaphragms, the stock/titaniums sounded dead and much less detailed in comparison.

The K-79 MAHL tweeters with the B&C DE10 drivers sound very 'Klipsch like' and take the high frequencies to another level of quality. They breathe new life into the sound.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Was it a drop in replacement, or did you have to modify the crossover? I don't want to have to mess with the XO if possible. Thanks

25 minutes ago, SWL said:

There's a thread in the Technical forum here. Search K-79 MAHL tweeter drop in replacement.....or something to that effect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, SWL said:

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello.

Im trying to contact Dave at machinedaluminum.com ..i am wanting to order tweeters for my klipsch quartet ..i try to email but it says im not allowed..im from Canada ..says to contact direct before ordering from ebay..please help..thx..

-Pag's-

On 8/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, MoreCowbell said:

I have a pair of Klipsch KLF 20s and I was curious if whether or not you guys knew of a genuine upgrade for the tweeter. I already have the crites ti upgrades. I'm just looking for something that has a bit bite to it. I just constantly feel like I'm missing something. I was just asking if anyone has used or heard of any good tweeter upgrades. Thanks for the response.

If you want something with a bit of a bite see if Dave A has any drop horns with a de 120 tweeter.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 11:04 AM, Pags said:

Hello.

Im trying to contact Dave at machinedaluminum.com ..i am wanting to order tweeters for my klipsch quartet ..i try to email but it says im not allowed..im from Canada ..says to contact direct before ordering from ebay..please help..thx..

-Pag's-

@Dave A

i Purchased the B&C DE-120's in my Heresy II's. Fantastic sounding, Now I'm considering upgrading the diaphrams in the stock squawkers to compliment the new tweets. To my ears, the stock squawks sound paired with brand new tweeters. I assume they are original diaphrams from 1986. Going to try that out eventually!

On 8/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, MoreCowbell said:

I'm just looking for something that has a bit bite to it. I just constantly feel like I'm missing something. I was just asking if anyone has used or heard of any good tweeter upgrades. Thanks for the response.

Have you brought the crossovers up to spec? I would make sure that is done before replacing tweeters.

• Like 2