Rewiring Klipschorns

bkwa1959

On 8/18/2019 at 6:54 PM, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

*    For 1) above, High AUDIO signal Definition,  I run only one stage, mu of 100,  as the ( KISS ) amp's entire front end, and unlike ANY amp known to me, the tubes B+ is  heavily SHUNT            regulated, not once, but TWO times in a row. .   Double B+ SHUNT regulation, ........where most  tube amps have none.   Hey Hey Hey, I can now understand the Soprano's diction.

*    For 2) above, High Dynamic Nuance Definition,  there are uniquely employed - several things :

*  Chokes to the Finals total only 12 Ohms DCR  ( Fraker LSES power supply ).

*  Uniquely - use GTO bypass caps to the output stage - that can do 1,500 A. instantaneous.

*  Use of two 5U4GB rectifiers, which provides half the rectification DCR, and four times the peak instantaneous pulsed current capability, versus one

5U4GB. But I have retained the sonic advantage of a Directly Heated / high current rectifier tube.

Seems to me that anybody who was really serious about the quality of the power supply would completely eliminate the AC power connection, rectification, and filtering, and utilize dedicated DC sources throughout.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

Or, one could figure out a better way to do it, with what we all have and use , 120 VAC power in the USA.

Already been done: Use that 120 VAC to charge the batteries between listening sessions.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

What you apparently don't know is how older experienced audio people hear and can react to a hi fi system, so as to determine what is musically correct, or incorrect in high-quality audio playback. 

We must not have any of those around here because we are all young and inexperienced.

Ok I will say what everyone is thinking, dude stop with your :pwk_bs: it's stupid, your not special even if your mom told you so !

Your not talking to a bunch of beginners and this is not a class, and your definitely not the teacher. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Edgar said:

Seems to me that anybody who was really serious about the quality of the power supply would completely eliminate the AC power connection, rectification, and filtering, and utilize dedicated DC sources throughout.

Yes.  Or start with a motor-generator and go from there, then you could positively eliminate noise from the utility.

@Edgar Seems like you're just up the road from me, I'm in the valley.  You should stop by sometime.

13 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Yes.  Or start with a motor-generator and go from there, then you could positively eliminate noise from the utility.

@Edgar Seems like you're just up the road from me, I'm in the valley.  You should stop by sometime.

If generating your own, might as well generate 3-phase. Much less ripple to filter-out.

@codewritinfool, I'm in St. Charles ... on the other side of the river. 😉

8 minutes ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

" and your definitely not the teacher. "

Someone should teach this poster - how to spell , and how to discern .

Unfortunately, you are apparently not teachable because you don't listen.  If your ego is pushing you to attempt to gain any semblance of respect here, you are failing miserably mainly due to your rude, condescending attitude and tone.  There are many, many people here that have decades of audio design, engineering, sales and listening experience that figured out long ago that you are so wrapped up in your own head that it's not even worthwhile to engage with you.  Others have strung you along just for entertainment value and to see what ridiculous, nonsensical thing you will say next.  This really has gone on far too long, and it's time for you to leave the building.  We will all be better for it.  Thank you and good night. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, glens said:

The length-to-width ratio of the line between the dam and the house is considerably higher than that of the fuse's internals.

Do you really think so? I would like to see the math. One things for certain the line from the dam won't fuse at 3 amperes.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

" and your definitely not the teacher. "

Someone should teach this poster - how to spell , and,  how to discern .

I spell how I talk, and you or no one else will change that,  now onto being an ***, nobody appreciates it, it does not do you good to act better than others, it turns people away and makes you look silly to claim "special" talents.

If you like posting here do not talk down to people and try have the slightest respect for other opinions. Everyone can disagree, but it will be done civilly.

Come to pilgrimage, we can talk in person. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

discern:  to perceive or recognize; make out clearly

I'd say he's right on the money.

Never claimed to do well with English not even Louisiana English, but I am to old and have lost any give a shit on doing it properly. This is one of my few attributes, I really like it and am good at it.

Christy always get's on me for the way I type and talk, saying people are going to think your stupid. I'm good with that, it make it easier to fool them, it really aggravates her, another plus ! 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Never claimed to do well with English not even Louisiana English, but I am to old and have lost any give a shit on doing it properly. This is one of my few attributes, I really like it and am good at it.

Christy always get's on me for the way I type and talk, saying people are going to think your stupid. I'm good with that, it make it easier to fool them, it really aggravates her, another plus ! 

Never remember having a problem understanding. Think you are direct and, when you say no mullet,

I get that...lol... cool.😍😎

• Haha 1