Rewiring Klipschorns

bkwa1959

1 minute ago, Deang said:

When a thread has outlived its intended purpose, it really should be locked. In the meantime, I'm doubling down on zip ties.

Humor is endless and timeless and why would one want to limit it? Admittedly it has veered a bit off course but still does serve a purpose.

53 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Humor is endless and timeless and why would one want to limit it? Admittedly it has veered a bit off course but still does serve a purpose.

But there is only a thin line between comedy and tragedy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

Actually I do like A7's and they are one of the very few speakers that are not Klipsch I will work on. I was just hoping to get recommendations on what to do to make them be their very best full frontal audio experience.

I have to admit to being a bit confused though by your audiophile comment. I though you had stated elsewhere that those A7's were the very best thing out there and that is why you had a set of them and now you are saying they are not audiophile grade quality. Are you telling me not to bother fixing these up?

Best thing to do with an Altec A7 is to cut out the bass reflex section and put a Horn Sub underneath. The best part of the A7 is the straight axis midbass horn!! Then you PEQ the 802 driver and time delay the whole thing to match the subwoofer.................or you can juat use it as a top end on your Super MWM from 125 Hz. on up!! Try it, you'll like it!!

56 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Best thing to do with an Altec A7 is to cut out the bass reflex section and put a Horn Sub underneath. The best part of the A7 is the straight axis midbass horn!! Then you PEQ the 802 driver and time delay the whole thing to match the subwoofer.................or you can juat use it as a top end on your Super MWM from 125 Hz. on up!! Try it, you'll like it!!

The best thing to do is fix them up as cheap as possible and sell them to those who want them ;D

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I have a bunch I could sell to you, but I'm not sure which colors are electrically superior.....I would want to keep those.

Found it.

. On Zip Ties 

Believe it or not the color of the zip ties do make a difference in sound. We believe it is due to the pigments used in the manufacturing process. If we use the clear ( actually milky cloudy semitransparent plastic) as the base, red ties have a more open top end. Blue ties have a bit better bottom end. Black ties actually restrict dynamics and detail as the black coloration is probably due to carbon black added to the mix. The carbon is slightly conductive and will capture and retain the EMF field instead of allowing it to move unimpeded and freely. 

@Deang  pay attention.

24 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Found it.

. On Zip Ties 

Believe it or not the color of the zip ties do make a difference in sound. We believe it is due to the pigments used in the manufacturing process. If we use the clear ( actually milky cloudy semitransparent plastic) as the base, red ties have a more open top end. Blue ties have a bit better bottom end. Black ties actually restrict dynamics and detail as the black coloration is probably due to carbon black added to the mix. The carbon is slightly conductive and will capture and retain the EMF field instead of allowing it to move unimpeded and freely. 

Uhh....  Someone literally said that?  In a sober and functioning state of mind?

• Haha 1