Rewiring Klipschorns

bkwa1959

26 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Holy cow, what is that? I hope that's not one of Medwin's amps!

The electronic techs at one of my former employers used to joke about sloppy solder jobs: "The bigger the blob, the better the job."

Um, I refer you to this:

Quote: 'Above, nice and shiney !! Just always remember this fellas: " The bigger the glob, the better the job ." '

26 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Um, I refer you to this:

Earlier in this thread I said that there is only a thin line between comedy and tragedy. 

A difference between comedy and tragedy is: In comedy the character knows that he is being funny, while in tragedy he does not.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Earlier in this thread I said that there is only a thin line between comedy and tragedy. 

A difference between comedy and tragedy is: In comedy the character knows that he is being funny, while in tragedy he does not.

Kind of like when someone says they were being sarcastic when in reality they were being facetious, but they are too ignorant to know the difference.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Kind of like when someone says they were being sarcastic when in reality they were being facetious, but they are too ignorant to know the difference

Fortunately, I’m just ignorant enough to know the difference.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Edgar said:

A difference between comedy and tragedy is: In comedy the character knows that he is being funny, while in tragedy he does not

I thought tradegy was when the protagonist slept with/killed his mother/father/uncle/aunt and there was gouging of eyes or suicide at the end.  Everything else is comedy.

But I'm no expert.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I thought tradegy was when the protagonist slept with/killed his mother/father/uncle/aunt and there was gouging of eyes or suicide at the end.  Everything else is comedy.

I think that's Greek Tragedy. What we've got here is Audio Tragedy.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Don Richard said:

He seems to be using 57 1/8 inches of solder per joint, for the best sound. 🙄

I know it's not....but when I see that yellow covered wire, I can't help to think it's identical to the 250 foot spool of 12-2 WG wire I have in my garage.

• Like 1