Rewiring Klipschorns

bkwa1959

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, Deang said:

PWK apparently preferred 16 AWG tin annealed stranded copper. I even found it in his home, bundled up on the floor next to his single Jubilee.

An extra inductor pre crossover? Oh my whatever will we do.

3 hours ago, Deang said:

I will say I'm feeling very much attacked over the zip tie thing. I've reported it to the moderators several times, but they keep ignoring me. 

Perhaps they're too knowledgeable regarding the thickness of your skin.

3 hours ago, Deang said:

I will say I'm feeling very much attacked over the zip tie thing. I've reported it to the moderators several times, but they keep ignoring me. 

Dean, I had the OP, @bkwa1959 , give his OK to shut this down back on page 15! But, that would have been premature since there have been some tremendous accomplishments since then. Getting one to drop out, hopefully for good, for one. There has also been some pretty witty banter since that page. Plus I do believe Thad has an endless supply of gifs as well.

But alas, it may have finally run its course. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Deang said:

A "zip tie" is the generic term for the original Ty-Rap, a cable management device.

A twist tie or "twisty" are what are used to secure secure bread in bags.

The moderators are confused over which thing you are referring to.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

But where will we post things when we want to rewire Klipschorns?

In learning to do things you have to have both how not to do it and how to do it. Lots of info around here on how to do things but very little on how not to. Maybe I ought to tig weld some caps in and really demonstrate how to avoid the inferior electrical qualities of solder compared to keeping it all copper.