Rewiring Klipschorns

bkwa1959

46 minutes ago, Dave A said:
47 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

The only tragedy in audio is hip-hop.

+ Rap

You have to know that "plus rap" was the very first thing that came to mind when I read the initial statement!  However, I don't want to exclude anything else which might truly belong on such a list, so I have decided to instead say "plus rap and possibly a few others."  If it doesn't belong outright, Disco should at least get an honorable mention.

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

In learning to do things you have to have both how not to do it and how to do it. Lots of info around here on how to do things but very little on how not to. Maybe I ought to tig weld some caps in and really demonstrate how to avoid the inferior electrical qualities of solder compared to keeping it all copper. 

Oh, I think we have plenty of examples on how NOT to do things, but nothing involving TIG welding.  That'd be a good addition.

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

In learning to do things you have to have both how not to do it and how to do it. Lots of info around here on how to do things but very little on how not to. Maybe I ought to tig weld some caps in and really demonstrate how to avoid the inferior electrical qualities of solder compared to keeping it all copper. 

Tig may be a little too hot for the caps. A good mig weld should suffice. Possibly a couple passes to be sure.

• Moderators
On 8/24/2019 at 10:29 AM, Dave A said:

OK I read up on your Gadfly stuff. What gage wire was used inquiring minds want to know.

O. Hurtz didn't concern himself with trivial things such as wire gauge, he knew the key to speaker design was maximizing power input ratings and generating heat.

Did you notice how Mr. Hurtz responds to an unsupported assertion of Mr. Carver?

Y'all are rank amateurs by comparison. 

740400_The_Ultimate_LSH_Loudspeaker_635110470606040000.pdf

4 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

I thought the whole edited post thing that I preserved in a quote would shut it down.

Hey, 1000 posts!

Congrats on the 1000 post! None more important than your preservation post saving the best quote of this thread. As you said, it was an honor!