Rewiring Klipschorns

bkwa1959

1 hour ago, Drugolf said:

Goodness, why did I click on this thread? 😖😉

If you went past the first page continuing on was for entertainment. Serious information will be found elsewhere and welcome to the forums where you will find the insane and the informative.

23 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I found it odd to find a certain someone's influences at work at well just now.... There is no sound playing, but I now know it will sound damn good once the opera comes on 

20190825_134923.jpg

I love this picture...Ground which is never supposed to have any current is capable of what? 1000 amps? And to top it off it is probably going to an added ground rod that is 25 to 50 ohms from the bonded neutral wire. So a direct short of 115 volts to this ground will not trip a breaker.

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

I love this picture...Ground which is never supposed to have any current is capable of what? 1000 amps? And to top it off it is probably going to an added ground rod that is 25 to 50 ohms from the bonded neutral wire. So a direct short of 115 volts to this ground will not trip a breaker.

This is a hospital cath lab room, I hope it wired correctly for everyone's sake 😏.   If not, I guess someone is in for a shocking surprise? 

5 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

This is a hospital cath lab room, I hope it wired correctly for everyone's sake 😏.

Oops, my bad. Yes I hope it is wired correctly. You could test it, when no one is hooked up to it of course:ph34r:

Probably on GFI also I suppose.

RT channel is two of them probably 25" long and sometimes they even loop over each other on the floor. The LT channel is maybe 15"  and the surplus is coiled on the gear rack handle. The runs are suspended by gravity adjacent to my concrete floor where I don't care about electron puddling. I also let them get dirty and have been known to let carts roll across them. Is this enough information for you?

On 8/9/2019 at 9:48 AM, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

This was work done in the 1970s by Audio / Recording Engineer Robert W. Fulton, of Fulton Musical Industries.  He was the developer of the Fulton FMI 80 bookshelf loudspeaker, that blew Gordon Holt, of Stereophile Magazine away. 

A couple of points:  If "FMI" is "Fulton Musical Industries", then a "Fulton FMI 80" would be a "Fulton Fulton Musical Industries 80".  That's right up there with "ATM machine" and "SSN number".

But that's just a bonus that occurred to me to include while I was highlighting the text to quote it.  To say:  I always wondered what'd happened to Mr. Holt.  How did it transpire, did he wire the speaker incorrectly and was too close to it when it went up?  Or did a speaker maybe just up and fire something at the poor guy out of the blue?  Was it because he had demoted the speaker from A1 to disrecommended?  Hell hath no fury like an FMI 80 scorned?

Let me track my thoughts [within braces] while I first read the last quoted sentence:

"He [RWF] was the developer of the Fulton FMI 80 [(see above)] bookshelf loudspeaker, that blew Gordon Holt, [wow, what a nice speaker!] of Stereophile Magazine away [oh, it killed him, I wonder how?]." 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, glens said:

A couple of points:  If "FMI" is "Fulton Musical Industries", then a "Fulton FMI 80" would be a "Fulton Fulton Musical Industries 80".  That's right up there with "ATM machine" and "SSN number".

But that's just a bonus that occurred to me to include while I was highlighting the text to quote it.  To say:  I always wondered what'd happened to Mr. Holt.  How did it transpire, did he wire the speaker incorrectly and was too close to it when it went up?  Or did a speaker maybe just up and fire something at the poor guy out of the blue?  Was it because he had demoted the speaker from A1 to disrecommended?  Hell hath no fury like an FMI 80 scorned?

Let me track my thoughts [within braces] while I first read the last quoted sentence:

"He [RWF] was the developer of the Fulton FMI 80 [(see above)] bookshelf loudspeaker, that blew Gordon Holt, [wow, what a nice speaker!] of Stereophile Magazine away [oh, it killed him, I wonder how?]." 

Department of Redundancy Department!

3 hours ago, glens said:

You forgot my favorite, PCB Board.

I hadn't made the distinction which I now see clearly with more examples at hand.  In every case so far beyond that which was the instigator, the last term is the one being "reiterated again".  Can we come up with common cases where it's one of the other terms?  Is also stating, in full, the last term in an acronym (is that what we're discussing properly called?  I forget) just the way it's always been done?