3 way Jubilee on Ebay - price reduced

jwc

52 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

JWC, these are not yours I assume, so I'll ask the obvious question. Can't a person buy these direct from Klipsch for the asking price?

They aren't mine.  That does seem a little pricey.

These are on sale on the Facebook group... to bad they didn't come with beauty panels. I do believe they are the older design with older drivers.

This seller is also unaware that the speakers are available as a two way... he's somewhat closed minded, but hey... Nice speakers.

Guys, there is a caveat on those speakers. The guy has swapped one of the two drivers on each side. For me, this would be a huge red flag.

Besides for home use a two-way sounds quite good and you could buy a new set of two-ways (with delivery) for less money. If you are willing to go with used equipment, then the used two-ways are an incredible bargain. 

7 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Guys, there is a caveat on those speakers. The guy has swapped one of the two drivers on each side. For me, this would be a huge red flag.

Besides for home use a two-way sounds quite good and you could buy a new set of two-ways (with delivery) for less money. If you are willing to go with used equipment, then the used two-ways are an incredible bargain. 

You’re correct, he states in his auction, “I forgot to mention that in each speaker, 1 woofer has been replaced with a Morel Ultimo subwoofer, making them sound even more amazing.  Woofers cost $2000 by themselves.”

Seems wrong to put those woofers in them and do they cost that much? He’s trying to sell them and stating what he thinks will help them to get sold. 

What does Klipsch sell a pair of these for?

On 8/5/2019 at 8:08 PM, soundbound said:

They may be these: http://assets.klipsch.com/product-specsheets/KPT-JUBILEE535-B-Data-Sheet-v05.pdf

How much does Klipsch sell these for?

2 minutes ago, soundbound said:

You’re correct, he states in his auction, “I forgot to mention that in each speaker, 1 woofer has been replaced with a Morel Ultimo subwoofer, making them sound even more amazing.  Woofers cost $2000 by themselves.”

Seems wrong to put those woofers in them and do they cost that much? He’s trying to sell them and stating what he thinks will help them to get sold. 

What does Klipsch sell a pair of these for?

If you really want to know how much get a hold of @MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• Like 1

Well, I had a look at the specs on the Morel drivers. Not much of a replacement for a K-31. The Qts is wildly off and the required volume is about 3 times larger than what the Jubilee will provide.

However, I do understand that for some of the folks around here will dismiss the engineering and throw up their hands and say "but it sounds good ...". So maybe this is a great idea of mixing drivers. After all, a guy on the internet said "but it sounds good". 

Wait: Am I supposed to insert a smiley face or something ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/5/2019 at 10:26 PM, Schu said:

I do believe they are the older design with older drivers.

The 510s do have the mumps, but what appear to have the P. Audio Drivers, why that is, I am not sure.  Considering my 510s don't have mumps, but the B&C driver. 

• 2 weeks later...

A pipe dream for sure as the stars would all have to align....but dare to dream, no? I gather the asking price is still just silly even with the recent 1K price drop.

I passed on the home brew Jubes in Ontario a while back. Sat on my hands for the sale up in Maine recently. I've been watching these for a week or so saying no. I really, really want to hear Jubes and these are literally in my back yard. I get that the 2-ways are better for home uses. I'm quite sure I have the capacity to make them 2-way.

Isn't the HF on these the 510 horn Which most suggest giving go if you can't make the 402 "fit". Seems like this would almost be the start of 2 great systems.

I've already got me feet wet with a 2-way Active set up. I've been running Oris 150 horns for over a year now with various bass bins (Khorn, Lascala, Belle, Forte II, Onken and DIY open baffles)

In ball park $$$ figures what would it take to make these the best 2-way they could be and what might I expect to get from selling off the remaining bits at fire sale prices? Sounds like I need 2 proper Klipsch LF drivers. I'm guessing I need different drivers for the 402s to make them 2-way. What else? My gut tells me I'd try the 510s on top of my various bass bins just like I have the past year with the Oris. So the addict in me says I really get to try two different horn combos with and with out Jube bass bins. I know you all won't talk me off the ledge, but help guide me a bit. Is this a money pit and the smart move is to wait till I've got more time on my hands and just buy new 2-way Jubes? Or is there a way to make this work and have a bit of an adventure along the way.

1 hour ago, rplace said:

A pipe dream for sure as the stars would all have to align....but dare to dream, no? I gather the asking price is still just silly even with the recent 1K price drop.

I passed on the home brew Jubes in Ontario a while back. Sat on my hands for the sale up in Maine recently. I've been watching these for a week or so saying no. I really, really want to hear Jubes and these are literally in my back yard. I get that the 2-ways are better for home uses. I'm quite sure I have the capacity to make them 2-way.

Isn't the HF on these the 510 horn Which most suggest giving go if you can't make the 402 "fit". Seems like this would almost be the start of 2 great systems.

I've already got me feet wet with a 2-way Active set up. I've been running Oris 150 horns for over a year now with various bass bins (Khorn, Lascala, Belle, Forte II, Onken and DIY open baffles)

In ball park $$$ figures what would it take to make these the best 2-way they could be and what might I expect to get from selling off the remaining bits at fire sale prices? Sounds like I need 2 proper Klipsch LF drivers. I'm guessing I need different drivers for the 402s to make them 2-way. What else? My gut tells me I'd try the 510s on top of my various bass bins just like I have the past year with the Oris. So the addict in me says I really get to try two different horn combos with and with out Jube bass bins. I know you all won't talk me off the ledge, but help guide me a bit. Is this a money pit and the smart move is to wait till I've got more time on my hands and just buy new 2-way Jubes? Or is there a way to make this work and have a bit of an adventure along the way.

Rplace, or anyone else, If you are serious about getting some two-way Jubilees and trying to save money by getting used ones, then shoot me a PM this weekend. I have some in Connecticut that I might be selling (I need to think it through). If the transaction could be made simple, the discount might be considerable. There is a thread outlining some of the pricing issues ....

• Thanks 1