FS: Hana EL cartridge 60-70 hours

cyto

I bought this Hana EL 2 months ago and have between 60 and 70 hours on it. I like the Hana sound and decided to go for the Shibata version (SL). 

I can trade it in for about the same price and they will re-sell it for $375 so I figured I would try to sell it here if anyone was interested in one they can save a few bucks. If no one wants it I will just trade it in.

I have more pics, message me if interested.

PayPal only.

$300 shipped with insurance in the lower 48 USA.

20190804_163708.jpg

20190804_163717.jpg

20190804_164013.jpg

20190804_164029.jpg

20190804_165505.jpg

20190804_165511.jpg

20190804_165520.jpg

• Like 1

That's a great cart. If you are just getting into low output moving coils and have the proper stepup transformer and know how to load it properly, this will kill the other entry level LOMC, including the Denon 103 and 103r's.

Ask me how I know.

39 minutes ago, thebes said:

That's a great cart. If you are just getting into low output moving coils and have the proper stepup transformer and know how to load it properly, this will kill the other entry level LOMC, including the Denon 103 and 103r's.

Ask me how I know.

I installed Cinemag CM1254 transformers inside of my phono preamp and adjustable input impedance so I can vary the load the trannys see. Never tried a Denon 103. Had a Denon 301MKii, it was a little more detailed than the Hana EL but the Hana has better bass. So I thought I would go for the shibata if I can come up with the coins. I was laid off in January and went into semi-retirement working part time so I have to think ahead to upgrade.

4 hours ago, thebes said:

Ask me how I know.

so how do you know ? pimp daddy Thebes  !

1000238_662124143822287_1640464874_n.jpg

2.5-Mark-Pimp.jpg?zoom=1.331250071525573

• Haha 2

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, cyto said:

I like the Hana sound and decided to go for the Shibata version (SL). 

Congrats on sale.

I've been interested in the EL and SL since a conversation with @thebes and keep going back and forth between the two. Please PM or post back with your thoughts on the SL when you have had time to put it through its paces.

40 minutes ago, rplace said:

Congrats on sale.

I've been interested in the EL and SL since a conversation with @thebes and keep going back and forth between the two. Please PM or post back with your thoughts on the SL when you have had time to put it through its paces.

Will do, I just ordered the SL last night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fine Line, Shibata, Micro Line there are more names for that type of honing.

Whatever it is called by the manufacturer. They fit the groove better, do less harm to the record and get more of the sound out of that groove.

Once you've heard `em you won't consider elliptical again. NEVER EVER!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rplace said:

Congrats on sale.

I've been interested in the EL and SL since a conversation with @thebes and keep going back and forth between the two. Please PM or post back with your thoughts on the SL when you have had time to put it through its paces

@Tarheel pickup one about a month ago.. I think it was the hana eh