Adding a subwoofer ... to CF-3's ... or not?

Emile

I too use a sub with my CF3 v.1 and while it used to be RSW-12D, I recently upgraded to the same 15" via Cory at MLO. Mine was good out of the box, showing only a few handling marks. I run my sub out to a Velodyne SMS1 so that I can control the peaks and valleys before passing the signal to the big Klipsch 15".

Sorry to hear about the bad amp. I'm sure Cory will take care of you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avguytx said:

Metropolis Lake Outfitters

Haha ... Duh :D  Yes; emailed Cory via Paducah Home Theater already.  

Just noticed that there is a LED on the front.  Of course "no light."  Anyone know if the amp has a fuse in it?

7 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... Duh :D  Yes; emailed Cory via Paducah Home Theater already.  

Just noticed that there is a LED on the front.  Of course "no light."  Anyone know if the amp has a fuse in it?

Why not just call them?  Seems that would be quicker than an email.

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Who does that anymore?  You mean actually talk to someone? 

I know....what a concept.  Texting and emailing have taken over verbal communication.  You can't really rip someone a new one in a meaningful way in an email or text....not to me, anyway.  lol.  I get emails all the time from various vendors saying they wanted to "reach out" to us about blah blah blah....I email back saying I've blocked their email address and domain until they can call on a phone.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Doh!   The subwoofer saga continues. 😀 

In regards to the ineffectiveness of ripping someone in an email.   Sometimes, one can better get ones point across with a strategically placed Gif.  Lol

200w.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, pulled the fuse and checked it. Reads about 20 ohms. Don't know if that is correct, but at least it is not "open."  Put the fuse back in and SURPRISE ... powered up :D  Unfortunately only for 30 seconds :(  Unplugged it and tried again ... good for 2 seconds. Tried again ... 20 seconds ... and again; 5 seconds :(  Pulled the plate amp and no obvious problems and no disconnected wires. OK; looks like I need another amp. Cory informed me that new amps from Klipsch are on backorder ... but he may have one at his place.  Keeping my fingers crossed :) 

32 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Ok, so if it's not working, why not just return it?

Are these not tested before they are shipped?  Odd...

Pain in the a$$, plus big $$ if you don't have a commercial UPS account.

Yes, sure they were tested ... but "Made in China" ... that probably explains it :( 

• 2 weeks later...