Audio CD device recommendation please

Trippigs

Yes it is and this is my workshop! I have 40 feet of this ugly industrial grade shelving full of stuff including my stereo. I hung white bedsheets in front of all the shelving which I think helps tidy things up a bit. My LaScalas are in corners about 3 foot off the floor. A couple of big easy chairs finish the decor! I think it sounds good so not much real work happens in my “ workshop”.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trippigs said:

Yes it is and this is my workshop! I have 40 feet of this ugly industrial grade shelving full of stuff including my stereo. I hung white bedsheets in front of all the shelving which I think helps tidy things up a bit. My LaScalas are in corners about 3 foot off the floor. A couple of big easy chairs finish the decor! I think it sounds good so not much real work happens in my “ workshop”.

Very nice! I’ve built, refurbished, and repaired many projects in my garage/workshop for years having many audio systems there and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, moray james said:

I add filtering to the supply and to the drive motor and the servo control of the laser lens.

I have a Sony c333es modded at modwright 18yrs ago and still going strong.  Had to run a cleaner thru it last year, but still sounds great.

3 hours ago, mopardave said:

I have a Sony c333es modded at modwright 18yrs ago and still going strong.  Had to run a cleaner thru it last year, but still sounds great.

Sony has always been solid and reliable and there is room to work inside of the SR510H which is a big deal. My brother still has the first Sony CD he ever bought in 85 and it still works well and still sounds good.

4 hours ago, moray james said:

Sony has always been solid and reliable and there is room to work inside of the SR510H which is a big deal. My brother still has the first Sony CD he ever bought in 85 and it still works well and still sounds good.

I've never had great luck with Sony gear.  I loved their picture tubes, and I've got (in storage, some already known to not power up any more) or had various media playing / recording equipment, but their electronics have fairly consistently proven short-lived.  Of course I must say I've never reached higher in range than middle-of-the-road so that's likely a major factor.